Chapter Nine : The Troubled Of The Nothing

THE NEXT MORNING AT FLEURY MONNE SPEAKEASY LOUNGE The Benton Gang and I, and our parents, are enjoying ourselves with our drinks. And Me and the Benton Gang have mock-tail drinks.

Ava, Jessy and I are on the stage, wearing our Star ear headbands, performing our second song, "I Want You To Treasure Me

Ava, Jessy and I are on the stage, wearing our Star ear headbands, performing our second song, "I Want You To Treasure Me."

Ava is playing on the electric keyboard; Jessy with the electric guitar; and Me with the tambourine.

🎵 I want you to treasure me, I want you to love me, I want you to pleasure to me, I want you to cherish me 🎵 Ava sang.

🎵 I want you to cherish me, I want you to love me, I need you in my life, I can see the affectionate look in your eyes 🎵 Ava, Jessy and I sang together.

🎵 I want you to hold me, I want you to cuddle me, I want you to be there for me, I want you to cherish me 🎵 I sang.

🎵 I want you to cherish me, I want you to love me, I need you in my life, I can see the affectionate look in your eyes🎵 Ava, Jessy and I sang together.

🎵 I love it when you make me happy, and I love it when you tell me you love me." Jessy sang.

🎵 I want you to cherish me, I want you to love me, I need you in my life, I can see the affectionate look in your eyes🎵 Ava, Jessy and I sang together.

🎵 I want you to cherish me 🎵 Ava, Jessy and I sang together.

And we finish our song, everyone applauds, happily and excitedly.

Ava, Jessy and I exchange smiles at each other and we hugs each other.

ꨄꨄ

Afterwards, our parents had left for home, and the Benton Gang and I are sitting around on the stage with our bottle of soda pops.

"So, it's true, The DollFace thing is over?" Matt asked.

"Yeah. Maggie and I sought to it." I said, taking a swig of my soda pop. "And not to ruin the happiness joy that we have, but Eleanor Reese isn't done."

"What do you mean by that, Vinnie?" Monica asked me.

"Eleanor Reese is like a wasp, she buzzes around your head, you try to swat it away, eventually, the wasp is gonna sting you." I said, describing Eleanor Reese as a wasp. "You guys don't know her like I do. We're high school seniors for goodness sake, and we're supposed to be having fun with each other, not worrying about Eleanor Reese's psycho schemes."

"But Eleanor Reese isn't the only person that we should also be worrying about." Jonny said.

"Scarlett Sweeney." Sonya said.

"There's something about her. Something troubling." I said.

"Scarlett Sweeney seems pretty cool." Eric said.

"Not really." I said.

The Benton Gang and I exchange worried looks at each other.

ꨄꨄ

After the guys had left, Monica and I are sitting on the stage.

"I'm really sorry for what I said to you, Violet." Monica said to me.

"I know and I forgive you." I said to her. "And like I said, you and I are best friends, and, we can't let boy drama put a  wedge in between us besties." I added with a playful tease.

Monica and I exchange playfully chuckles with each other.

ꨄꨄ

THAT AFTERNOON AT THE BENTON HOME In my bedroom, I'm sitting at my computer desk, sketching in my sketchbook.

My phone buzzes on my desk. I picks up my phone and looks at it.

Scarlett Sweeney

I answer my phone. "What the hell do you want, Scarlett?"

"I sort of figured out that you were get onto me. Something was bugging you, but you didn't quite figure it out until now." Scarlett said on the phone.

"I don't know what you're up to, but whatever it is, I'm gonna stop you." I tell her.

"You don't know what I'm capable of. And you really don't want to know, Violet. You may be the smarty brains, but I also have a smarty brain myself. You don't wanna underestimate me." Scarlett tells me on the phone.

"And you don't want to underestimate me." I tell Scarlett, and hangs up my phone.

ꨄꨄ

JEN'S DINER

That evening, I'm sitting in a booth table, eating on my ice cream sundae with a spoon, awaiting for Scarlett's psychiatrist Miss. Swizzle.

The diner door opens and closes. And Miss. Swizzle slides into the booth table across from me.

"You wanted to meet me, Miss. Benton? I'm Scarlett Sweeney's psychiatrist from the SilverWood Psych Ward." Miss. Swizzle said to me.

"Yes, ma'am." I said, gently folding my arms on the table. "Scarlett Sweeney is posing as a high school student at Somerville High. She has a psychotic behavior, does she?"

"Yeah. She does." Miss. Swizzle said, gently sliding a file folder across the table to me. "I made a copy for you. I hope the information helps with whatever you have."

"Me too." I said.

any comment (s) ? any vote (s) ?