5) Betrayal

TW: Metions of dead bodys, blood

"What are you trying to do?!" Lilou screamed loudly. "Taking him away from me? Steal him?"

"No-! I would-"

"Don't act innocent sister! I saw how you two looked at each other..Deeply into each others eyes!" Lilou seemed disgusted with Roselyn. She had pulled Roselyn aside as soon as Faolan was out of sight. "This was your plan all along wasn't it?!" Lilou seemed to grow insane by the minute.

"No! I would never-"

"What is this screaming all about?!" A stern voice echoed through the hall Roselyn and Lilou were arguing in.The KIng and Queen appeared.

"Father, Rose-"

"I saw." He answered, Roselyn looks down. "Roselyn, tell me what happend." He says calmly.

"I don't know, I never knew he was gonna ask me to a dance.."Roselyn says, she had tears in her eyes. The Kings sighs..

He turns to everyone, "I find this was indeed not planned..It was a decision made by prince Faolan.." He says looking the the Queen en Lilou.

"But Father-!"

"Enough! I will hear nothing about this anymore." He speaks sternly towards Lilou, She grunts upset and takes off. Her mother ran after her. Roselyn looks down. Without a word, the king heads back towards the party. Leaving Roselyn alone. Upset and feeling more alone than she ever felt as the party heads into the night.

-

"It's time..." A voice in the dark says before sneaking in the seemingly empty castle. A group of 10 men, dressed in dark clothes sneak around in the castle. The guards were drunk, they also had a party to themselves, or were they tricked into drinking? "Find the King and Queen's bedroom." The leader orders, "Then find the crown prince in his bedroom, make it quick." They split up deeper into the castle.

-

"Non-magic folks do really get drunk easily." Athena comments, walking beside her master Walter Vervain.

"Just because you're an elf and your alcohol tolerance is pretty high, doesnt mean others can't get drunk." He comments, giving a slight smirk. They were the last at the party.

"Right Right-" Athena says, "But you know i expected you to be much drunken master-" She comments, she earns a little push from the side. They laughed softly. When all of a sudden a strange chill goes down their spines, they stop dead in their tracks. "You felt tha-"

"Shush." She gets silenced by Master Vervain who closes his eyes. Athena's gut feeling was telling something was wrong. He opens them suddenly.

"Hallway ahead." Master Vervain says as they start running down the hallway. Turning the corner they get stopped by something laying on the ground. A red circle, a dead guard.

"Shit-" Athena murmurs, she was taken aback.

"Sound the alarm bells, then get the king's children- We are under attack!" Vervain turns around 360 degrees to the stairways while yelling orders to Athena.

"On it!" Athena zaps away. You see, Athena can do more than just cast normal spells...As the zaps on the clock tower she looks around. The guards here have also been slayed. "Fuck-" She says running the the big iron clock. She looks around desperately for the rope, the rope to pull to sound the alarm. She finds it but she will not be able to pull this on her own. She takes a step back and purple magic circles appear before her hands. They have symbols and weird languages in them. None known to the normal human. She aims at the clock and pulls with all her might, the clock starts moving. The alarm sounds.