Chapter Five

I can't believe that Ava girl is here. I didn't know she was the daughter of the king's head knight; I knew Sir Rhodes had kids but I was under the impression he only had sons. The good thing is I think it's safe to say she doesn't remember me. However, I do want to test the loyalty of her brothers. It'll also tell me if Ava remembers anything as if she does she would've told them. I need to be able to fully trust my knights. "Bring in Alexander." I order.

Not long later, Alexander is brought in. I notice Jenson flinch when he comes and he looks worried. "You tricked me Jenson! How could you do this? I thought you loved me." Alexander screams in anger as he holds back tears. Jenson remains silent.

"Don't you see? It was all a game. He used you." I taunt. Rage fills Alexander's eyes and he launches himself at me. Before I realise, he stabs me with a sharpened piece of metal. Ava's brother quickly reacts and stabs my attacker killing him instantly. "Thank you." I weakly say as I try straightening my posture. "You've earned my trust. Welcome to my personal guard." I congratulate as I wince in pain.

"Mum?"

"Get this stupid pric..." I wince again.

Jenson runs out of the room shouting, "summon the best healer in the kingdom, the queen's hurt."

"And call Abigail to clean up this mess."