1.9

05 May 2004 

SAMDO PRIMARY

HAPPY CHILDREN'S DAY!

This year's theme is Little Kids Can Do Big Things, and in honor of that we've asked some of our third-graders life's biggest questions ...

1) What is the meaning of life?

NARI: Animals! When I grow up I will have five hundred dogs and three cats.

CHEOL: I dunnae but I hope there's cake.

JAESAN: Volleyball. I'm going to become a successful volleyball player just like my dad.

BEOM: To be kind to others, and make friends, and always love your family.

TAE-GEUN: Sleep.

2) What are some things you can't live without?

NARI: My teddy bear. My dog. And my pony. (You don't have a pony.) That's why I keep telling my mom I'm gonna DIE if I don't get one!

CHEOL: Cake. Rice. Pork chop. I'm hungry.

JAESAN: Volleyball and my family.

BEOM: Love, kindness, and peace. Laughter is important too.

TAE-GEUN: Oxygen.

3) What made you happy recently?

NARI: MY MOM BOUGHT ME A PET TURTLE AND IT'S THE BEST TURTLE IN THE WORLD AND I WILL KEEP IT IN MY AQUARIUM AND TEACH IT NINJA SKILLS.

CHEOL: Um, lunch.

JAESAN: Volleyball! (Anything else?) Um, I guess this morning when I came to school and found sesame candy on my table.

BEOM: Happiness is a social construct defined mostly by capitalistic standards which I do not conform to.

TAE-GEUN: (missed the question because he was too busy banister-sliding down the stairs)

4) What does love mean to you?

NARI: When you're surrounded by dogs and you hug them tight and feel your cheeks sinking into their fur.

CHEOL: Your mom doesn't say no when you take a fourth piece of cake.

JAESAN: To love something means you want to do it every day for the rest of your life.

BEOM: Abstract and undefinable.

TAE-GEUN: Giving someone your favorite candy.