Chapter 7

"Yes, why?"Riri asked smiling down at me."Bro, drop me at Kesa street.Then take Sel to her place."She said not waiting for me to answer why shocked i was that Justin was his cousin.She is going to leave me in the car with him!A forty minutes drive to home?No way.

"I will come with you Riri.After all i have nothing to do,"I said.

"Thank you but am sorry girl,its something i have to do on my own.I will tell you later."

That hurt.Since when did anything become personal when it came to me and her.But i din't press the issue.Annoyed that my bestfriend and I are now keeping secrets from each other,i took earphones from my back pack and plugged it on listened to Selena Gomezs' new album.

I must have dozed off pretty heavy because when i woke up Riri was no longer in the car.I looked outside through the window, enjoying the view, my earphones still on.Then it hit me, this is not the way home.

"Hey, umm i think you took the wrong route"

"I know, you were peaceful asleep when we reached your driveway."He went silent for a moment then added in a low tone"I dint want to wake you up."

"Okay,"i raised my eyebrows at him smiling.'Am awake now,take me home."

He didn't say anything and kept driving. The car drive was silent .He probably isn't the type to listen to Radio Channels or music all together while driving.I plugged my earphones back on and closed my eyes hoping i would fall asleep.It was going to get dark soon and i hoped before then i would be at home.My curfew is still on and i wanted to question my parents why they were so rude to Riri.

Suddenly the car comes to a stop, i open my eyes and we are at a gas station.He turns around to face me,as am seated at the back seat.He was saying something a look of disinterest on his face but i could not hear him.Why is he suddenly grumpy anyway.He does a sign that i should take off my earphones clearly annoyed.But instead i just stare at him.He reaches for my earphones and pulls them from my ears.

"WHAAAAT?!"

"You might want to call your parents and tell them that you will not go home tonight."

"Wait, What , Why?"

"There is a storm coming and we need to find a room Lena."

"Hell no,"I said unbackling my seat belt."Am on curfew, i will just get a taxi home.Where are we anyway?"

"We are in Kitale.Yeah good luck with that."He said getting out of the car.

"KITALEEE?"i screamed also getting out of the car."That is around four hours drive to home,For how long was i passed out?"I asked scratching at the back of my head.My father was going to kill me.Okay maybe not before i kill him first for trying to push away my best friend."Are you sure a storm is coming?Big enough that we cant drive back home?"

"Yes"He said with a questioning look.

I dialed my fathers number knowing exactly what to say.

"Hello?"He spoke from the other side.Suddenly all my courage was gone, as fast as it came.His voice was stern.

"Dad how could you?You know well enough Riri is practically my sister.Why did you tell her all that nonsence?"I shouted smiling, glad that my voice did not break.He was silent for a moment and i knew this was my que to hang up.

"Honey?"my mother spoke through the phone.Her voice filled with care and worry.For a moment i was guilty but still they owed me an explanation."Hun, am really sorry.Your dad was just worried and he took it all out on Riri.Am sorry Sel."

"That does not justify anything mam.Am not coming home tonight.Do you guys even love me?For the record am not doing drugs tonight, just need some alone time to clear my head."I said hanging up.I felt sorry for my mother.That was so rude of me.But i had planned on talking to my father not her.A tear dropped from my eye and i wipped it right away.

"I took you for a lot of things but a drama queen was not on my list Lena,"He said smiling down at me."Come on we have to find a nearby motel and find us a room."He said locking the car and grabbing my  hand as we ran.The wind was blowing heavily, heavy enough to carry me away.I leaned on to Justin for protection  as we neared a motel.

"Can we have two rooms please,"He said to the receptionist handing over his card to her.

The receptionist was blown away by Justins' looks.She was devouring at him while playing with her hair as she licked her lower lip.Was she blind.Did she not see me with him holding hands.For some reason i felt disrespected that she was trying to flirt with him right infront of me.I decided without thinking twice giving her a taste of her own medicine.

"Hello,"i said looking at her name tag."Sophie, can we get a room please and not two but one.My boyfriend is a little shaken by thunder so he is pretty much confused." I said smiling.

"Yes please.Am sorry babe." Justin said kissing on the top of my hand playing along.

I could not comprehend what just happened. Did he just call me babe and agree that we share a room.The receptionist was irritated and disappointed as she handed us the key to our room.Justin did not let go of my hand as we walked through the stairs to our room.Yes our room.The feeling of him and i this close was driving me crazy.If only he was mine already.

"After you babe,"He said grinning down at me as he held the door open for me.

As i entered the room i realised the situation i had put myself into.The room was less fancy with only one medium sized bed.The glass wall gave out a beautiful view though.A two seat couch sat across the room.

"Well, since jealousy got the best of you, you will have the couch, am having the bed.Plus am taller and the couch is small."

"Okay."I said heading for the bathroom.Locking my self in and turning to look at my reflection in the mirror.I assumed we were going to share the bed.And he thought i was jealous.That narcissist.He clearly does not like me and am here making fun of myself.I decided to go back to the receptionist  and ask for another room.There is no way i am sleeping on the damn couch.I splashed my face some water and got out of the bathroom heading for the door.

"Where are you going?I already ordered us some food."He said.

That was rude.How did he know if i was going to like what he ordered or if i am allergic.Why do i really like him anyway."Getting me my own room"i said banging  the door as i get out.

"Hey Sophie,couples arguments,can i get my own room please?"i asked raising my eyebrows handing her over my card.

"Am sorry but the hotel is full.Must be the storm that is coming."She said typing on her computer.

"Yeah sure."i said walking away.The hotel is full now i have no choice.This is all my fault.Why did i let myself get irritated that someone else was staring Justin like they wanted to eat him alive.Like he was some meal.I headed for the stairs to get back in the room.I knocked on the door and after a while he opened it.

"Did not find a room?Or you just couldn't get off the idea of shairing a room with me."He was shirtless and only wearing shorts.His member buldge, clearly visible."Like what you see?"He added.

I had not even noticed that i was staring down at him.Not answering him, i let my self in and sat on the bed.

"Heeey...the couch remember."He said shrugging his shoulders.

Before i could tell him that we are shairing the bed and putting pillows in the middle to separate us, his phone rang.

"Hey babe"he said."I miss you" he added.

Pain rushed through my heart shuttering it into pisces.That is when i remembered Hailey.Riri had introduced her as her cousins girl friend. I was so stupid.Thinking me and him had a chance.I was completely blanked out just stairing at him as he spoke and not listening to a word he said on the phone.This is going to be a really long night.In that moment i missed my room back home, my bed, my privacy. I wanted to burry myself in my bed and cry.

************
I hope you liked this chapter.Dont forget to vote.Thank you💙XoXo