Results|Poetry

First of all, a very big thank you to our valuable judges m2ition and Lilys_cornerrr

Thank you for helping us and making these awards possible. We couldn't have done it without you!

Now, the time for results but before that, thank you everyone for participating and no matter what you scored, you all are amazing writers and you have potential to make it to the top. Never give up!

Without further ado, let's get started! All your reviews along with your scores will be published in this chapter. If any of you have any questions or doubts regarding the scores, please contact your respective judges but remember, no misconduct with any of the judges will be tolerated. If anyone is found doing so, they'll be blacklisted from any further projects in the community.

***

Third place

Elysian by NefeliBata053

Title: 3/5
“Elysian” is a euphoric term, yet the book is full of all ranges of emotion. It didn’t seem to fit the overall theme.

Cover: 5/5
The cover is beautiful and artistic. The author mentions their poetry being almost like a painting so it’s a great representation of what we’ll get as we read.

Poetic Technique: 6/10
I dinged this a bit because poetry has formats. When you’re trying to rhyme 2 sentences, it’s called Sonnet and that format has a minimum of 14 sentences.

Rhythm/Flow: 10/10
Each poem had a great balance and summarization. You went from an introduction to an ending concept at the right pace.

Grammar: 9/10
The only major mistake I saw was a dialogue not being separated. Everything else was very minor.

Writing style/creativity: 14/15
The writing was consistent in attempting to use a sonnet, but when you limit yourself to that style you have to cut content in your mind. Most read really well, and some you could tell were forced in areas.

Emotions/depth: 15/15
I thought the rest were beautiful. The author goes in and out of different emotional themes and with words that fit.

Engagement: 10/10
I enjoyed reading the entire book. Each poem was emotional and that was great because I could feel them.

Total: 72/80

Review: The author did a great job at sticking to a specific type of poetry even if it wasn’t formatted right. In the end, that’s honestly the only thing that held me back. This author is excellent at emotive poetry. I’m in their perspective when I read it, it’s beautiful

Congratulations! Please PM us to collect your prize.

***

Second place

Mismatch Flame by TessaYoung5

Title: 5/5
Very good title, in love with it.

Cover: 4/5
The cover matches the title so awesome.