02. 𝐇𝐮𝗺𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐟𝐟

3372 Words

"Wow," Deaton said as he looked at the younger version of Derek

"Wow," Deaton said as he looked at the younger version of Derek. "Wow? Wow as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do,' kind of wow?" Stiles asked Deaton making me roll my eyes at him. 'Cause, that's the kind of wow we're hoping for." Stiles said as he scratched his chin.

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities," Deaton said as I try not to ignore what was happening. "Your alive?" Deaton said as I let out a sigh. "Why do you guys keep saying that, don't you see me standing here?" I said annoyed as they kept asking me they all turned to me as I roll my eyes again. "He's cold. Cold." Lydia told Deaton as he touched Derek's hand.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked Deaton. "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience." Deaton said to us. "So what do we do with him?" Stiles asked him. "Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here." Deaton told us.

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles asked him. "If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate," Deaton said. "Why would she want to do this to him," Lydia said lifting her head. "Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her," Deaton said as I let out a yawn. "And bad for everyone else," Stiles said.

"You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It's a school night. And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again." Deaton told us, "Someone should stay with you." Scott told him, making me run my fingers through my hair.

"I'll stay. My grades are fine. Despite missing a few classes." Lydia said. "I'm so not okay with this," Stiles said shaking his head. "You're never okay with anything," I told him. "Guys, go," Lydia told us. "No," Stiles said making me roll my eyes and feel like punching him.

"Text us if anything happens," Scott said right before we heard the front door open. "And who's that," I said as I looked and saw that it was my aunt and Josie. I turned to the three of them. "Katherine." My aunt Freya said to me. "What now?" I said to them. "Who told them I was back?" I said angrily to them. "I did," Scott said to me.

"Why?" I told him. "Because I thought your aunt should've known," Scott said to me making me turn to my aunt. "Well, I'm back again. Surprise." I said to them with a smile. "I thought you said you wouldn't come back," Josie told me.

"Yeah, well I lied," I told her. "So, what. You came here because you got bored from wherever you were and you decided to come back for what? To cause more problems." My aunt Freya said to me as I used my speed and appeared in front of her. "Watch it," I said to her as I flash my eyes at her.

"What's going on?" Stiles asked us. "She isn't Katherine," Josie said making me turn to face her. "Way to ruin the fun, Jo," I told her with a smile. "By the way, did my sister or the so-called 'super squad' ever came back," I said with a fake sad look.