𖣘𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐑𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬.

« now loading data . . . »

████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 25%

synopsis . . .

CALLIOPE LIN HAS GOTTEN the same talk over and over again

CALLIOPE LIN HAS GOTTEN the same talk over and over again. At this point, it was just clockwork. She sits comfortably, lazily—barely listening to the approaching words.

"Don't go out."

"Don't make friends, they're useless."

"Don't speak to the neighbors."

"Don't talk about work."

"Never ask questions."

You know, the usual things parents impose upon their children. Callie can't remember the last time the entire family has had dinner together, nor does she remember a time where she wasn't afraid of them. But what she does remember are these rules. No friends, no neighbors, no work, no questions, no leaving.

Growing up, Callie followed these rules without question and without any consideration for her own comfort. Everyday was just a miserable swirl of nothing and everything all at the same time.

From the schoolwork to the secrets to the isolation, Callie wasn't sure how much longer she could take this lifestyle.

When she turned fifteen, Callie thought things would be different. Perhaps, her parents could finally put some trust in her. Maybe, just maybe, she could finally be like those teenagers she watched on tv. But, that desired reality would never come. Because her life isn't a sitcom, the same old rules still applied.

Well. Fuck. Those. Rules.

──────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────────

❝Rule number one: I won't wait on a rescue from anyone

wait on a rescue from anyone . . .
Not anymore.❞

OR