𝟎𝟓 • nightmares do come true

CHAPTER FIVE
————————————
"NIGHTMARES DO
COME TRUE"

CHAPTER FIVE——————✰——————"NIGHTMARES DO COME TRUE"

(the weirdo on maple street)

──────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────────

CALLIE'S EYES SHOOT OPEN and she intakes panicked breathes as if she hadn't breathed in days. Her surroundings were bright white walls, IV machines, and heart monitors. She didn't recognize this place. It looked like a hospital room, but Callie doubts she would ever be taken to a hospital. Her parents barely allow Callie to exist much less let others know of her existence.

She sits up to starts taking the pulse oximeters off of her fingers and the IV needles out of her arms. She slips the breathing mask off of her face. The girl was now standing and slowly walking towards the door. Every move she made was equally as painful as the last. She reaches for the door handle and tugs at it only to find that it was locked.

She looks around the room and spots the IV pole. Callie threw the bag of liquid to the side and loosened the pole from its wheels. She starts using the end of the pole to break the small window on the door. Once the glass shatters, she sticks her arm out of the window to try to unlock the door. Unfortunately, the door could only be unlocked using a key. Callie jiggles the door handle with frustration until she resorts to just kicking and punching the door. "Hello?!" Callie calls out, "Is anybody there?!"

"Doctor Lin?! Doctor Romero?!"

Callie looks around the room for anything of color or personality. Everything was bland, white, and static. She huffs a breath of annoyance and returns to sit on the side of the bed. Callie only now notices that her left hand was bandaged with her thumb and index finger having finger splints on them. She also felt something around her torso and when she checked she confirmed they were also bandages wrapped around her chest.

The door opened suddenly and Callie's attention was diverted to the person at the door. A nursing assistant with short hair and a face mask on came in with a tray full of medical equipment and sets it down on a tray holder nearby. The nurse only briefly glances at Callie and to the broken window before their eyes widened and they walked away with no words said. A few minutes later, Gloria walks through the door in a clean lab coat with a face mask on.

She doesn't say a word as she makes her way towards the tray of equipment. "Hey, Mom." Gloria says nothing. "Mrs. Lin?" Nothing. "Gloria Romero."

"What do you want, Calliope?" Gloria asks, annoyed. Callie moves her body to face her mother, "What is happening? Why am I here?" Gloria picks up a syringe full of a tinted liquid with a long needle, "You messed up. Now, I have to fix it." She flicks the syringe to clear the air bubbles. "That's not for me, right?" Callie asks nervously, knowing full well what the answer to that question was. As Gloria moves closer to Callie, the girl stands up and goes as far as possible away from her mother.