Call Me Daddy

Chapter 6: Just A Little Taste of Pink

Walking through all the machinery, I reach my hand out to playfully clap Nik as he grabs his lunch. He openly cringes at my cheeriness, but I just grin and nearly skip to the staff refrigerator.

I'd been on cloud nine all week and a bastard like Nik was not going to dull my sparkle.

Ever since that fateful night that I was told I was a father, I'd considered myself pretty unlucky as far as girls went. Of course I didn't resent Mini in any way, but it wasn't easy to flip the switch and go from single and wild to father and responsible. I missed women. I missed the way they felt, the way they spoke and how they touched. I missed every aspect of being with them and it fucking sucked. My hiatus from any sexual encounters was killing me slowly every day. My hand wasn't good enough anymore, especially when I had Elena Gilbert lurking around every corner of my life. The woman was Satan, God, and sunshine wrapped into one girl of absolute fuckery. She was everything I hated and everything that I loved. She was a walking contradiction, a ticking landmine, that I could not and would not get enough of.

She does everything a woman could possibly do for me. We're like a well-oiled machine of sexual tension. She cooks, I do laundry. She watches Mini, I bring home pizza. I tease her about her ass, she hits me. But the one scary and exciting thing that Elena had done for me that surpasses any prior prowess of past women, was that she took away any and all urges or nostalgia of my past ways. She was the whole fucking package and she hadn't even touched my package. That was a turn-on and made me want to kiss her until I couldn't stop. I could no longer deny that every inch of my body craved her. I don't know what that means, or what I could even do about it, but it was a fact now.

As if that realization wasn't enough to have me smiling more, hearing Elena and The Dark Haired Douche argue over the phone was. I don't know what they were talking about, but it was pretty heated.

Elena kept murmuring the name 'Jeremy' and at first I thought that was his name. They were arguing about placement, and Elena was talking about how 'Jeremy' was her obligation, and I swear it sounded like she was going to cry.

And if that prick would have made her cry, I would've made him cry.

But if Elena is anything, she's strong as hell. She didn't cry, from what I could hear, and instead she just got angrier and more defiant. Whatever she was talking about, she didn't appreciate his input because she hung up on him and the phone kept ringing all through dinner.

Because of that argument, I did have a little more bounce in my step. So fucking what. I walk toward our staff table, and see that almost all of the staff took their break twenty minutes early.

Bonnie gives me a cautious glance. "I'm a little worried, Jacob." I shrug but they don't let it go. Of course, Matt has to open his spaced out ass's mouth and laughs obnoxiously as he chews on a sandwich, lettuce falling from his mouth.

He wraps a beefy arm around Katherine and grins. "Our boy has finally settled down." Nik snickers at that and I scowl.

Picking up one of Bonnie's peanuts, I launch it toward his head. My hand eye coordination is admittedly, shitty, so instead it falls into Katherine's hair. She shrieks, stands up, and runs her hand through it like it's a bomb. Bonnie giggles and I try to look as apologetic as possible. I turn to Matt and continue my glare. "Hey asshat, instead of being worried about me and my relationship, why don't you worry about yours on TV." He blanches and the rest of the table watches us, bemused. "Accidentally flipped to the CW last week. Saw the main chick getting laid sans her ex. That ship has sailed."

Matt looks horrified, and then pissed as hell. "You don't know." He picks up his nearly empty cup of water and tosses it back like a shot. "Man," he sputters, "Fuck you."