Veston: Searching

-Author's note-

Some Veston, because pretty much no one writes this ship. I had this idea for some time now, but was struggling to decide who to pick as Vik's partner so sorry for the delay. Also trying to remember to write Vik with one k was kinda hard :P

Pairings: Vikkstar123 x TBNRfrags / PrestonPlayz

Genre&Warnings: Fluffy like marshmallows. Kinda standard. Possibly includes a crying Vik, so I guess a warning for that. No curses as far as I can remember/see.

Length: 904 words

Preston woke up early in the morning, too early for him at least. He opened his eyes instead of going back to sleep due to him noticing certain someone was missing from the bed. He was visiting his boyfriend, Vik, and had insisted on sleeping in the same bed. Even though there wasn't too much room for two in the bed they had managed to fit just fine. He forced himself to get up and put some clothes on to go and search for Vik. After all they weren't the only ones in this house.

After lazily putting on a white shirt and some blue pajama bottoms he had found, Preston strolled out of Vik's room and downstairs to look for him since it was rather unlikely he was in any of the other sidemen's rooms at this time of the day. He quickly glanced to both of the rooms beside the stairs but decided to go to the lounge first, because he could see pretty much the whole kitchen from the place he stood and no one was there. He walked through the lounge and looked behind the furniture just in case Vik was being a jag and trying to scare him. After not finding a soul he moved on to the 'office' though it was only a room filled with boxes. No one there either. Then he searched the table tennis room and after that the hallways. He still hadn't found him so he decided to go search the kitchen just in case. Preston strolled to the kitchen, but when he got there he couldn't see anyone. He even checked the pantry but found no one. He started to get worried, various things starting to run through his mind.

'What if he got kidnapped?'

'What if he's cheating on me?'

'What if he has been murdered?'

'No Preston! Just calm down and stop assuming the worst. He's probably just got up early and went to buy groceries or something' He thought to himself to stop himself from worrying too much. And at the thought of food his stomach grumbled. He realized he hadn't even eaten yet due to searching for Vik so frantically. He decided to halt his searches for a second to eat and then do the sensible thing a normal person would do when they couldn't find someone, text or call them.

He opened the top cabinet grabbing a bowl for himself and set it on the island that was located in the kitchen. He grabbed the milk from the refrigerator and set it next to the bowl. Now he had to remember where Vik had said the cereal and cutlery were supposed to be. He opened the upper cabinets trying to find the cereal and he did after a few tries then setting it aside. He then started to open up one of the lower cabinets to find a spoon. Not there. He then opened another hoping to find the spoon already so he wouldn't have to go through every single one of them. To his shock he didn't find a spoon but a terrified looking Vik crying and hugging his knees in a corner of the cabinet.

The spoon long forgotten Preston's mind was filled with questions but he would have to let them wait so he could comfort his crying boyfriend. He offered his hand to the smaller and the other took it immediately leaving Preston to pull the small boy out of the cabinet and into his arms. Vik hugged him tightly crying onto his boyfriend's chest. Preston put his arms around Vik and started to stroke his hair. He kept whispering "It's okay. Everything is fine now Vik" to him in hopes to make him feel better. After awhile Vik stopped crying leaving Preston to assume he could now ask what happened.

"So Vik, can you tell me what happened?" He said making sure his voice was quiet so he wouldn't startle him. Vik nodded.

"I had gone downstairs to get some water and then I heard someone else downstairs. I knew all of you had already gone asleep so I thought it was a burglar and decided to hide" He said and then looked at Preston to make sure he was listening.

"So when you came here and started to open cabinets or something I thought you were the burglar and were going to hurt me" He finished and his eyes started to get teary again.

"Don't worry, everything is fine now. Either way you know I would never hurt you, right?" Preston said soothing him by tracing circles on his back and stroking his hair. Vik nodded and buried his head in the crook of Preston's neck.

"You wanna go back upstairs and cuddle?" Preston asked and Vik nodded.

"I'm going to carry you so wrap your legs around me" he 'commanded' Vik lifting him off the ground and he complied, easily wrapping his slim legs around Preston's waist and just in case his arms around the Texan's neck. Preston then proceeded to carry Vik to his room. He stopped for a moment on the stairs when he noticed Josh.

"Morning lads" Josh said greeting the two.

"Morning" they said in sync.

"You might want to know this so you don't freak out when you see him, JJ came to visit. Apparently he just decide to pay a visit last night" He informed them.

"Well that's little too late" Preston mumbled under his breath.

"Did you say something?" Josh asked not sure if the other said something or not.

"No, but we'll see you later then" Preston said quickly and hurried to Vik's room with him. When he managed to close the door he set Vik down on his bed and laid next to him. Vik cuddled to his side as he put his hands around Vik pulling him closer wanting to be as close as possible to him. As they laid there together Preston tried his best to not think about silly questions like why Vik hid in cabinet specifically and instead try and savor this moment of peace they had now.