[SECTION ii] INTRO

[KATARA: Water.

Pakku shows up on screen, waterbending]

Iroh masks any sign of recognition and turns it into curiosity. 

Ozai looks to the Hakoda and Kya. "Water peasants... Tell me, do you know who this man is?" 

Hokoda glared at the man, his grandson scowling with him.

 "Hey! We're not peasants! Actually, grandpa Hakoda is a higher rank than you! He's the CHEIF of the water tribe, but you are only the prince of the fire nation. Not even the crown prince, at that!" Bumi yelled at the man. 
Kya elbowed Bumi. 

"We do actually know who he is. He's our great-grandfather!" silence shook the room. "Does that mean that he's-" "your dad? Yeah, probably, I think." 

[Katara: Earth.]

"Uncle Boulder! But he's not as good as an earthbender as mommy!" Lin said, pointing to the screen.  Her grandparents held her tight. "Uncle?" They asked, looking at each other. They don't remember having another child. 

"The Boulder, eh? I've heard of him... From my dad, I think. Or maybe my mom." Izumi said. Ozai raised an eyebrow at that. She interacted so casually with the other children... All of which from different nations... It was as if the war was never there at all... 

"You haven't met him, 'zumi? Oh man, you're missing out! I'm telling you, he's super cool! My dad and him are good friends! Not as good friends as our dads, though." Aruna told the princess.

Kya and Hakoda watched in horror as their little granddaughter and the CROWN PRINCESS OF THE FIRE NATION interacted like best friends. And whats that thing about their dads? 

Iroh, Ozai, and Ursa watched the spectacle with wide eyes. The son of the avatar acting so friendly with fire nobility, wasn't there supposed to be some sort of bitterness between them?

Poor Monk Gyatso and the Beifongs just looked incredibly confused.

I feel as if I'm missing something, Gyatso thought. 

[Katara: Fire.]

"Oh look. Aunt Azula. She looks pretty similar to how she does now. Though, her hair is kinda different, and she bends blue fire." 

"Azula..." 

"Blue fire?" Ozai questions out loud. So, she grew to be a powerful firebender? Just as anticipated. 

"Blue fire. It seems princess Azula has surpassed you and I both, Ozai." Iroh says. 

[Katara: Air.]

"Aang. He looks rather well." Gyatso says, smiling.

Many of the adults gasp.

"Your an... Airbender?"

 Gyatso raises an eyebrow. "Yes, of course."

"But... How?" Poppy asks.

"All questions will be answered soon enough." Anu interjects.

[KATARA: My grandmother used to tell me stories of the old days, a time of peace. When the avatar kept balance between the water tribes, earth kingdoms, fire nation, and air nomads... But that all changed when the fire nation attacked.]

Gyatso raises an eyebrow, curiously. 

"Don't you think all of us know this?" Kya I says.

"Yeah! Even us kids know!" Tenzin adds on.

"All of you but one," Anu replies. 

[KATARA: Only the avatar, Only the Avatar master of all four elements; only he could stop the ruthless firebenders.

Picture of Roku shows up on screen]

Grandfather, Ursa thinks, distantly. She never knew him, but had heard much from her mother. Though, no matter how great he was, that never changed the fact that it was his blood, flowing through her veins, that led her to a life of solitude in the Firelord's palace. 

Izumi looks to her grandmother, knowing exactly what she's thinking about.

[KATARA: But when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years have passed, and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war.]

"At least the girl is honest," Ozai mutters, softly enough so that only himself and Iroh could hear.

[KATARA: Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe.]

Kya I's eyes widen. "Hakoda... They look so young! You just left them alone?" 

Hakoda shook his head. "It looks like it was for the best, somehow. It must've been a hard choice to make."

"Katara and Sokka look so young," Izumi tells her familiars. 

"Yeah... They do look rather young, especially to be running an entire tribe," Bumi agrees.

"It's kinda weird to think about, I guess," Kya II adds on. 

[KATARA: Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads and that the cycle is broken,]

"That is incorrect," Gyatso states, the same time Bumi, Kya II, and Tenzin shout the same thing.

All eyes fall on them.

"My pupil Aang is the Avatar," Gyatso says.

"Our dad is the Avatar," Bumi states.

Puzzle pieces slowly fall in place in Ozai's mind, as he finally processes the information he has been given, and the fact that this is not a fever dream. The supposed-to-be-dead Avatar has kids, Zuko is somehow firelord, and every one of the children gets along decently. The signs couldn't be more obvious: These are directions from Agni on how to stop this preposterous future.

[KATARA: -but I haven't lost hope. I still believe that, somehow, the Avatar will return to save the world.

AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER]

"So, somehow, 100 years later, Aang is still alive?" Gyatso asks.

"Yes," Anu replies.

The parents are mostly confused, the kids however understand the situation a bit more.

"Bumi, wasn't your father persevered in an iceburg?" Izumi asks.

"Yeah, I think so," Bumi replies.

All of the parents seem to come to a bit more of an understanding, but are eager to learn more.

"Alright, now, onto the actual plot. Chapter One, The Boy In The Iceburg," Anu says.

END OF CHAPTER