1͟͟͟͞͞͞0͟͟͟͞͞͞

"i don't find a thing you said funny

"i don't find a thing you said funny." i sat back in my chair and folded my arms. sitting in the medium sized meeting room, i kept my eyes on the russian women in front of me.

"it's not a joke beautiful. we find you more than attractive and feel as though we could work together. possibly work on each other. if you know what i mean."

i raised an eyebrow and smirked. partners wanting to do more than work is never a surprise. there's always at least two out of my day. but i'm deeply in love, so that would never happen.

"take my card and we could possibly get somewhere....what's our deal right now?" i sighed.

"there's a truck of women out back. they're worth some money and have much to give you."

"like?"

"their bodies. what they can do with them."

"mmm. this meeting is over. i'll let you know how your women do me. thank you." i pressed the button beneath me and watched as they were escorted out.

my job isn't my favorite, but it was passed to me. it keeps my family fed and helps me with life. i wasn't introduced to it until i was the age of 16. being 26, i've learned a lot about life and the way things go. i've changed things and made them better for my workers' good.

life has taken me through a lot in my years, but it's done me good. there's always a negative to a positive unfortunately.

i stood from the table and made my way to the back.

Cole followed close behind me, he rarely let me do anything alone. he was ordered by my mother to be my protector and he does just that. does one hell of a job that at times, i get annoyed. he's watched me grow.

"be careful. let me check first." he blocked the door of the huge trunk and i let him take over. watching him unload the women and check them personally. they didn't look in the best condition, but it's my job to make sure they're safe.

getting them together and prepared to work for me. with me, they're free. having the freedom to live life under a minimum of conditions. i would never control a woman in a way that i wouldn't want to be controlled. it's out of respect for myself and my girl. i wouldn't dare disrespect her by treating women in a way she wouldn't approve.

"hi, i'm Heiress. i'll be you guys'.....whatever it is we're called. things won't be the way they were. i'm much more understanding and will be sure of your safety. you'll go with that woman right there, Jhene. she'll get you all together and make sure you're stable. when you get to the house, you will be assigned a room and given clothing. then we'll go shopping tomorrow. the place you're being taken to isn't your permanent home, it's a holding house until you're given your assigned spot of living. cool?"

"yes ma'am." they spoke in unison and i frowned.

"please don't call me that." it made me feel like my mom.