It Comes Back to Haunt Me

Recap:

"Etsuko-kun!" Momo shouted. "What happened to your ankle?"

Present

"I'm not telling," I said. "it's my business, not yours."
"You can still play tennis, right?' Momo asked, changing his question slightly.
"Obviously. Do you think I'd still be at Seigaku if I couldn't play tennis?" I mused. "Every girl team sucks at tennis and Seigaku's the only one who'll let me play on the boys team."
"Hai," Momo sighed. "Can we play a match after school?"
"If you can keep up," I smirked, looking up at him. He grinned, accepting the challenge.
"Etsu," Eiji whined. "You said you'd take it easy." He cupped a hand around my ear as he whispered this to me.
"I will, Eiji. Promise. Besides, I can beat Momo even if I do go easy on him," I smirked, laughing quietly at Momo's outraged face.
"We'll see about that, Etsuko-kun!" Momo shouted at me as he walked away to his class. I laughed and then slowly went to my own class. I had every class with Eiji so we would get to be partners in everything.
I took a sip of water as the teacher introduced a new student. I looked up and choked, drawing the attention of everyone in the class.
"Etsu," Eiji whispered. "What's wrong? Does your ankle hurt?"
"N-No," I stuttered, shocked at my own voice. "It's nothing. I just, uh, saw something out the window." I could tell Eiji didn't believe me, but he let it go this time.
"After this, we're going to leave school early and go get your ankle wrapped by Dr. Oishi. He helped Tezuka-san with his elbow, maybe he can help you too," Eiji suggested. "And he can keep it a secret from everyone too. Even from Oishi himself if you want that."
"Sure, sure," I said, still distracted. I stared at the girl in front of me and she grinned evilly at me like she knew what I was thinking.
"Etsu, what's wrong?" Eiji asked.
"Nothing, Eiji. I already said that," I said. Eiji immediately looked like a lost puppy again. I leaned over and hugged him. "Sorry, Eiji. I'm just distracted with stuff. That's all."
Yeah, I had left out one thing from my trip to Paris. I had antagonized a group of high school tennis players. And they were all girls. In fact, I had antagonized their captain by beating her in a match in under thirty minutes without using my acrobatic skills. She had been embarrassed after that and vowed revenge on me. Looks like she'll have it. Wanna know why?
Because she's standing right in front of me.
"I understand you're from France, is there anyone here who you'd be interested in working with?" the teacher asked politely.
"Etsuko-kun," the girl replied. If I recall correctly, her name is Kazuya Ribenji. An old Japanese name that means hatred and fire. Yeah, I did my research on her. She's dangerous. If she says she'll do something, she'll do it no matter the cost, mentally or physically.
"My sincere apologies, I'm already taken. I have a partner," I butted in.
"But you can help her out, right? She's new here," Eiji whispered to me.
"Cut it out, Eiji. Listen, I skipped a few parts in my story. And to make it worse, my story is now here," I seethed. Eiji recoiled from my tone and I reached out to him again.
"Eiji. I'm sorry. Really. Please, forgive me," I whimpered at him as I hugged him tightly from across the aisle.
"You know I can never stay mad at you for long," Eiji said with a smile at me as he hugged me back just as tight. I smiled at his childness before moving back into my seat and waiting out the rest of the class period.
"To the office!" Eiji said, trying to act heroic. I laughed as I grabbed onto his back and let him carry me around. He knocked on the door and we entered silently.
"Oi, Sama," Eiji said as the principal walked in. "We were wondering if Etsuko and I can take the rest of the day off to go on some family errands."
"Hai, Kikumaru-sans," the principal replied. "That's perfectly fine with me."
"Thank you, Sama!" I called before I jumped up onto Eiji's back and he biked us to the hospital where Dr. Oishi works.

When we got to the hospital Eiji got us in an appointment right away with Dr. Oishi.
"Ah, Kikumaru-san," a man said as he led us to a room. "What seems to be the problem?" He looked a bit like Oishi. Must be his father.
"Thank you for agreeing to see us out of nowhere," Eiji started. "I was wondering if you could take a look at Etsuko's ankle, Dr. Oishi-sama."
"Of course. What happened?" Dr. Oishi asked.
"I fractured it three different times in two years at the exact same spot," I replied.
"Oi, alright. Let's wrap it and make sure to ice it once a day for an hour," Dr. Oishi said, grabbing white bandages and then lightly picking up my ankle. Eiji steadied me as I threatened to topple over and go splat on the ground. Dr. Oishi quickly finished wrapping my ankle and then pulled my pant leg back down to my ankle from my knee.
"Thank you, Dr. Oishi-sama. And can you keep this a secret from Oishi? I don't want him to know I was here. I don't want people to worry about me and lose focus of the real prize," I said.
"Hai," Dr. Oishi replied. "I can keep a secret. I hope you get better soon. Etsuko was your name, right?"
"Hai. Kikumaru Etsuko," I replied with a nod.
"So you two are siblings?" I nod again. "It's a pleasure to meet you. Another Kikumaru member. Oishi speaks so highly of you both. It's truly fantastic to see the generation of the Kikumaru's unfold."
"Thank you!" I called. "If you don't mind, we need to get going now. We have tennis practice!"
"Hai," Dr. Oishi said. "Don't strain yourself, Kikumaru-kun!" I shouted a quick response back at him before climbing onto Eiji's back and having him run us both back to school. He was keeping hydrated the whole time so when we got back to Seigaku he was ready to play a match or five.

"Oi, Etsuko-kun!" Momo shouted, waving his racket at me to get my attention. I dropped to the ground as a ball went whizzing where my head used to be.
"Whoops," Kazuya said sweetly. "Sorry. This is my first time."
"Then aim at the courts and not the opposite way," I sneered, my demeanor turning cold and rigid at the sight of her.
"What's up with Etsuko-kun?" I heard the regular start asking.
"Nothing," I glared at them. they all qucikly back down.
"Mada mada dane," Echizen muttered.
"So no match?" Momo asked.
"I'll play a match. On one condition. Oishi, I want the fire breather off our courts right now and to keep away from them and out of sight of them," I scowled.
"Kazuya-senpai's new here. Why would you want to kick her off the courts?" Oishi asked.
"Oishi, I want her off the courts right now," I scowled.
"Why?" Oishi asked. I glowered at him. "I need a good reason why before I kick someone off the courts."
And then I said something that I knew would strike a nerve. "Tezuka wouldn't doubt me." I then turned and walked to the locker rooms without waiting to see Oishi's reaction. I grabbed my bags and stuff before starting to leave. A small piece of paper fell out of the pocket of my bag.
I read it and my mind went red and white, rage and blankness.
It said this:

Etsuko-kun,
You're getting this because I want you gone. I want you away from everyone. And if you don't leave Seigaku and disappear from history I'll kill your brother and the regulars.
- Kazuya Ribenji

I glowered at the note before lighting it on fire and dropping it under my foot.
I would listen and then I'll get her back. I'll get my revenge on her for threatening Eiji.