The Audition Part-1

14TH January 2016

The audition for the next batch of EPA members. All the selected candidates who volunteer for the dose are given one.

[EPA is not responsible for the death of anyone]

My name is Hotaru and I am 22 years old. I have always wanted to join the EPA. Today is my 5th attempt to join the EPA. I just hope that I get selected today.

[Person]: Next! Mr. Hotaru, please go inside!!

Interviewer 1: Please take your seat.

Interviewer 1: So, Mr. Hotaru. The file shows that you have been trying to get into the EPA for quite a few times now.

Hotaru: Yes sir.

Interviewer 2: You are 22 years old. You know what that means right?

Hotaru: Yes sir, I am fully aware that the EPA does not hire people after the age of 22. And also that hiring people after 22 is only done in some special cases.

Interviewer 3: Ok then let's start with, "why do you want to join the EPA so much?"

Hotaru: Well sir, it was when I was 13 years old. I and my sister had an argument. We didn't talk for days. But after some time I calmed down and forgave her. It was her birthday. My mother had arranged her birthday in a restaurant. Everyone went there, but I was late as I wanted to give her a great gift and also wanted to settle things down. After hours of searching, I finally found the best gift for her. I was really happy that day. But, when I reached the restaurant it was empty. Not a single soul was there. I waited for hours, the day eventually turned into night. It couldn't be that I was in the wrong place. While thinking about that, I heard a noise from the kitchen. I was scared, but I needed to see what there was. So, I slowly walked and opened the door. And the next thing I saw was an EPA feeding on the dead bodies of the people at the party. I was horrified. I looked up and saw my family hanging up there as the EPA tore through the flesh of the other people. I immediately ran away and escaped. There was nothing I could do. The only thing I could was see the EPA eating all the people there. I hated it that I couldn't do anything. I wanted revenge, I wanted to help humanity by stopping the EPA so that no one else could go through the pain I did.

Interviewer 2: Well I am sorry about your loss. But that won't let you join the EPA. I think you understand.

Hotaru: Yes sir.

Interviewer 3: Ok, Mr. Hotaru. The next question, what did you do after that seeing that EPA?

Hotaru: Well, I was weak. So I trained.

Interviewer 1: Ok that should be enough. Congratulations, you pass the mental test. Now, as you already know, you need to pass the physical test to join the EPA. Best of luck Mr. Hotaru.

Hotaru: Thank you, sir!!