Sleep Well, My Darling

Obi-Wan walked into the dark warehouse, the hood of his cloak hiding his face. He'd been assigned to check this building after the Jedi Council got a tip from a reliable source that there was suspicious activity here. Obi-Wan personally thought he was getting thrown into a wild Bantha chase, but it was what it was. The warehouse had lights hanging from the celling, but none of them were on. Obi-Wan pulled his lightsaber from where it sat against his left hip, and pressed the switch that ignited it. The blue blade welcomed him with its comforting snap, hiss. He looked up are the ceiling, and chuckled. Rafters laced the celling. Shockingly, whoever had told the Council of the suspicious activity was correct.

"I know you're here," Obi-Wan spoke, using his freehand to push the hood of his cloak off of his head.

"Congrats, you can use the Force," the familiar taunting voice of Y/n replied. Obi-Wan heard the sound of boots hitting the floor a few feet behind him, and he spun on his heel to face her. There she stood, in her black knee-high combat boots. She wore black leggings, with a knee length black dress over them. Over that, she wore a black hooded cloak, and black gloves. The hood of her cloak was still pulled over her head, but Obi-Wan didn't need to see her face to know what she looked like. She had bright yellow eyes, with only hints of the e/c that were to true color of her eyes. She had long h/c hair which she always kept pinned up in a bun as to keep it out of the way.

"How excellent to see you again, my dear," Obi-Wan spoke, as he shrugged his cloak off, tossing his lightsaber to his left hand for a short second so he could pull the right side of his cloak off.

"Oh, Obi-Wan, always leaving your clothes everywhere," Y/n replied, shrugging off her own black cloak, revealing her face.

"Like you're one to talk," Obi-Wan taunted in response. Y/n rolled her eyes and used the Force to grab her two lightsabers from their places on her hips. She flicked both of them on, and held them both facing down, the tips nearly grazing the ground. Obi-Wan stepped back, his right hand which held his lightsaber over his head, his left hand pushing forward. As always, he waited for her to make the first move. Y/n rolled her eyes as she took the bait, and ran forward, slamming both her lightsabers onto his, and using the momentum to flip over him. She landed with her back to him, and moved her arms behind her, the blades of her lightsabers crossing in a nearly perfectly. As if it was a choreographed dance, Obi-Wan turned around and swung his lightsaber to hit the both of hers. Y/n smirked to herself, pressing back against his lightsaber hard enough that he took a step back. Instantly, she tossed her lightsabers in the air, and spun around so she could face him again. She caught both of her lightsabers expertly. She grinned at him, and waited for him to make a move.

Obi-Wan stepped forward, and his saber hit one of hers, the one she held in her left hand.

"You'll have to do better than that, my love," Obi-Wan sassed, adjusting the grip on his lightsaber as he prepared for her second saber to strike his. Right on cue, the second lightsaber hit his, and Obi-Wan dug his heels into the ground. He was stronger than her, both in the Force, and physically, but she had both the leverage and the lightsaber advantage, something that tested even his skills.

Eventually, he took a step back, causing her to nearly lose her balance from the sudden shift in weight. She quickly regained her footing, and went at him. The two of them exchanged several parries, but eventually, she managed to knock the lightsaber out of his hands.

"Well, now I'm impressed," Obi-Wan commented. Y/n smirked and swung her lightsaber at his head. Obi-Wan bent backwards and avoided the crimson red blade easily. He ducked another one of her swings, and backed away from another, but at her third swing, he attempted to step backwards, he ran into the wall. He didn't remember being so close to the wall, yet here he was. She aimed her lightsaber at his throat, smirking. Obi-Wan rolled his eyes, and practically crumpled to the floor, rolling himself so he was well away from the wall before standing up again in an instant. He reached his hand out in the general direction of his lightsaber, using the force to bring it to his hand. He switched it on just in time to parry Y/n's strike that was aimed at his head.

"Good try, m'dear. I must say, you're improving." Obi-Wan taunted as he pulled his lightsaber away from hers, only to have them meet again with a loud snap a moment later. Y/n glared, parrying all of his strikes. He had quickly gained the upper hand, and she was suddenly losing. He took several steps forward, forcing her to back up. Unlike him, she was smart enough to alter the direction they were going as a certain point so she didn't hit the wall. Obi-Wan aimed a strike at her head, and she ducked below it, using her right lightsaber to attempt an attack at his feet. Obi-Wan with the assistance of the force, jumped up to the celling, landing in the rafters. Y/n bent her knees before jumping up as well, easily landing on the rafters.

"Bringing this to my home turf, hm? Poor choice, darling," Y/n said as her lightsabers lit up the area around her. Obi-Wan was no where in sight. Suddenly, she heard the sound of his lightsaber activating, and had just barely enough time to duck under his blow. As a side effect of her sudden ducking, she wasn't able to keep her balance. Instead, she found herself falling a very long distance to the ground. She swore under her breath with pain as she hit the floor, her lightsabers rolling feet away from her. Obi-Wan smirked as he jumped down from the rafters, using the Force to keep the jump from hurting. He smirked down at her.

"Wow, cussing, my darling? How the mighty have fallen." He taunted as he stepped forward and aimed his lightsaber at her throat. Y/n glared as she propped herself up on her elbows. A second later, with the aid of the Force, one of her lightsabers was in her hand. She activated it quickly to push his lightsaber aside. Expertly, she rolled onto her back, feet in the air. She threw her feet forward, using her hands and the Force to assist her in her kip-up. She had to admit, it was a good kip-up, made better by the fact that she kicked Obi-Wan in the stomach on her way to standing. She grabbed her other lightsaber with the force, and sprinted for the exit of the building. Obi-Wan was rather winded from getting kicked, but he chased after her as fast as he could, lightsaber in tow. Y/n turned back to look at him, and threw her lightsaber backwards, the red blade spinning so fast Obi-Wan could barely see it. He deflected the blade with his lightsaber, and continued to run after her. He was only a few feet away from her when he watched her jump into a speeder that was being piloted by a droid, and drive off, faster than he could hope to catch. He sighed as he deactivated his lightsaber, and attached it back to his belt. He reached behind him with the force, and moments later her discarded lightsaber sat in his hand.

Twenty three years later, Obi-Wan sat in his small hut on Tatooine. He stood up, and crossed the room, digging through a box of all that was left from his days as a Jedi. He opened the wooden box---the box that Anakin had gifted Ahsoka her lightsabers in, all those years ago---and dug through it. He found Anakin's lightsaber, but continued digging, until he found a second lightsaber. He smiled softly as he closed the box, and looked over the hilt. It was a nice lightsaber, with gripping along the part where she obviously held it, and bare metal everywhere else. His finger found the switch, and he turned it on. It activated with a hum, and the crimson color shined across the room. Anakin had killed Y/n only a few days after he'd collected her lightsaber, and the thought of her death still made tears prick in his eyes.

He missed her.

He deactivated the lightsaber, and then dug around in a cabinet until he found a piece of cloth, which he carefully wrapped around the lightsaber. He stepped outside, smiling slightly when he saw the two suns setting. He walked a few feet away from his house, and soon found a small row of black flowers that had small stripes of white interlaced in them. He'd found the plant out on one of his long strolls, and had planted a few of the seeds here, in memory of Y/n. Who was all darkness, but occasionally let the stripes of light shine through in her.

He walked closed to the flowers, and knelt down, the covered lightsaber still in his hand. He set it down on the ground, closed his eyes, and used the Force to lower the wrapped item into the sand.

"Sleep well, my darling."