Miscarraige

Blake and you were on your way to the doctor for your check up. You were 3 months pregnant and you could hardly wait another 6-7 months to see that little face would share the characteristics of Blake and you. "You ready babe?", Blake said winking at you as you two got out of the car. He helped you go up the stairs to the doctors office and held the door open. He walked directly behind you while wrapping his hands around your stomach. You sat down while, he went and signed in for you. When he came back and sat down next to you on the couch , you laid your head on his broad shoulder. You closed your eyes , dreaming about how life would be when the baby finally came. You imagined waking up and walking downstairs to find blake making pancakes or some cliche shit that like with your future son or daughter. Them both looking up and you. Blake with his signature wink and your child yelling, "Mommy!".
"Mr. and Mrs. Griffin", you heard being pulled out of your thoughts. Blake gave your hand a squeeze as a nurse led you through the door and back to the room to wait on the doctor. You sat on the bed and waited for the doctor to come in. He finally came in and everything went as usual, hellos, how are you doings, the usual joke or two. You lifted up your shirt so he could take an ultrasound. You closed your eyes while it moved over your stomach and blake rubbed your arm. The doctor scanned your stomach...but you could not hear the initial precious heartbeat of the unborn baby. Your eyes shot open and you looked at Blake. You could see the confusion and worry in his eyes. The doctor immediately started panicking before excusing himself from us. On the screen you could see the body , but the heart stool still in a scary silence. Before the doctor proceeded to enter the room again, the look Blake and I shared already knew what was wrong. The doctor came back in the room , and shared his sorrow and grief with us.... We had lost the baby.... I could not even hear what he was saying because the pain in my heart was so big. I collapsed into Blake's arms and bawled. It was all I could do not to go crazy. After they removed the baby from me, Blake and I got in the car and drove home. The car ride was silent , but my thoughts were racing. It was only a week ago that the baby was alive and healthy. What could of happened between then. When I got home I wet straight in and slid into a giant hoodie and some shorts. I heard Blake get into the shower. I slumped down and cried. I cried and cried and cried. About 15 minutes later I felt a pair of strong arms wrapped around me. My head crashed into his neck and I wet his white t shirt with my tears. Blake knew I didn't need comforting words but comforting arms. I knew if I spoke I would completely fall apart. "I love you, and we're going to get through this", I heard Blake say after a while. I looked up into his eyes and his lips crashed onto mine. After I pulled away he whispered , "Don't worry , in 2 weeks we can try again", with a wink.