•Chapter 8: Enchanted Embrace•

Chapter 8: Enchanted Embrace

Sua

The moment I stepped into our home, the heavy burden of the office's demands weighed on me. The looming potential of tomorrow's award function, the new launch, and the impending fashion week preparations had drained me completely. At that moment, I craved the simple comforts of good food and the loving embrace of Taehyung.

With a mass of tasks awaiting my attention, I'd asked Taehyung to order dinner for us tonight, hoping he had chosen something truly delightful.

However, as I opened the front door, a frown found its place on my face. The welcoming lamp that usually brightened the foyer leading into our apartment was absent, replaced by an unusual darkness.

"Isn't Taehyung home yet?" I wondered audibly, remembering his plan to come home early and finish his remaining work.

I extended my hand, fumbling to find the light switch, eager to bring some brightness. Just as I managed to flip it on, I was caught off guard by a pair of strong arms enveloping me from behind.

My heart quickened, and a startled yelp escaped my lips before I recognized Taehyung's familiar deep raspy voice, which swiftly calmed my nerves.

"It's me, baby," he whispered, his warm breath against my ear reassuring me.

Relief flooded through me as I turned to face him, though I couldn't resist playfully scolding him with a glare and a light slap on his chest.

"You nearly gave me a mini heart attack."

Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle, pulling me closer "My cowardly little mouse."

This name little mouse always makes me blush.

"Shut up and what were you doing in the dark?" I inquired, my hands still resting on his chest.

"Planning something," he replied, planting a tender kiss on my cheek that prompted me to close my eyes.

"Planning what?" I prodded.

He drew back with a boxy grin that could light up a room, making me smile in return.

"What? Why are you grinning like that?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows mischievously.

"You'll find out soon. But first, go and freshen up," he instructed.

"No, tell me now. I'm curious," I pressed, my frown deepening.

"No, go freshen up first; you look utterly exhausted. I've prepared everything for you in the bathroom," he urged, gently guiding me toward the stairs.

"But-" I began, but once again, he cut me off.

"Shh, go have a nice, hot bath,"

"Why don't you join me?" I playfully suggested, settling down on the couch as he disappeared into the closet to retrieve a fresh pair of clothes.

"I would love to, but it would lead to things that would take time, and the surprise would be forgotten," he replied with a teasing smirk as he walked towards me.

Pouting with rosy cheeks, I protested, "Stop being cute, baby, and go inside," he said, tugging me to my feet.

My smile widened when I observed the particular preparations he had made for my relaxation.