~Chapter III~

The two ghosts quietly walked out.

Well dammit. Now they all totally fuckingggggg hate mee. Fuck my vocabulary.

[Name] slightly frowned, this wasn't the plan. They didn't want it to end in them practically being kicked out, but atleast they weren't fired.

Either way I can't be fired.. right? Ah, this shits confusing as hell.

"Well," River began. "That sure was a bold move. Like, swearing in front of Joan? Pfft."

"It wasn't, you know, my intention to swear in front of them!"

"Relax. I'm not going to give you a lecture, that Bosses and Joan's job anyway. Plus it was funny! Their faces were hilarious, honestly."

"Thank God, the last thing I want is someone telling me I fucked up just to make me feel more guilty." [name] sighed in relief.

Silence settled on the two figures, both comfortable and awkward. They continues strolling thru the city.

River seem cool. Thank God she doesn't lecture me about earlier.

They soon approached a streetlight. It didn't look any more special than the others, but it seems River like it much more than the others. River quickly and gracefully claimed the streetlight in a way that seemed to defy all laws of physics.

I guess being a ghost is much more fun.

[Name] began climbing, taking a little more than River, but finally got to the top. They made themselves comfortable sitting on the peak of the streetlight, sitting with their legs dangling off the edge.

"So, do you have any hobbies?" River asked.

"Well, I like gardening, drawing and other stuff. Do you have any?"

"Nah, not really. Does teasing Boss count?"

"Most likely." [name] chuckled.

"So gardening: is it interesting? Do you have a garden?"

"Yes and no. Flowers are very pretty! I don't have a garden tho, I live in an apartment."

"Ooo~ flowers are pretty." River said, listening closely to me.

"If you'd like, I'll bring you some!"

"I'd love some, but I don't think I have anywhere to put them.."

"I can bring a vase and put it in the office! That can also count as an apology gift."

"Heh, yeah." River laughed. "You got a job? As in another job other than the underworld office."

"Yea, I work as a florist, it's early in the morning, so I'll be dead this morning." They whined.

"Oh damn, that's rough buddy."

"PFFFF-" [name] wheezed, as River chuckled at the reaction.

"That was so smooth, smooth like butter." [name] said after the laughing fit. It was now Rivers turn to laugh her ass off, with [name] joining her. The laughing began slowing down, until it stopped.

Silence once again fell onto the ghosts, this time a comfortable one. They stayed quiet for a while while staring at the city below (even if the streetlight wasn't all that high).

As much as I hate myself for the thing I pulled...-

[name] looked at the clock.

H-half an hour ago?? -.. River made me feel so much better.

"Hey Riv?"

River perked up and looked at [name], with stars in her eyes at the new nickname.

"Yep?"

"Thanks for cheering  me up."

"Oh, of course! You're welcome." She smiled.

"So, what your favorite color?" [name] said, changing the subject.

"Well.."

And so continued the conversation. River and [name] quickly became friends, they really just clicked from the start. They talked and talked till the sun began rising:

"Oh shit, the suns rising, gotta go! See you next time!" [name] said.

"Alright, see you later!" spoke River, waving.

[Name] quickly ran till home, where they combined their soul with their body.

And suddenly, their eyes shot open, eyebags very visible under them. They rushed out of bed and put on work uniform.

Fuck my life, I'm so damn tired.

They grabbed their keys, pat and fed Sheep and ran off to work. This will be a long day..
.
.
.
.
(a/n: im so sorry abt the shortness of this chapter! it wasn't that much info I could stuff into a convo, and I ran out of ideas. sorry again, and have a good day/night :) )