Day 1: every story has a start

Small crunches are heard from the soft snow under your feet. The harsh winds whip at you face. Your hand clutched your stomach.

You fall to your knees. Letting go of your stomach to expose crimson blood that stained the white snow. Looking down at your hands, and single snowflake lands, instantly turning dark red.

You fall to your side. "It's cold" you weakly say. Your vision is slowly becoming hazy. You look ahead and see a figure. You wearily reach out a trembling hand.

Hot tears begin to slowly run down your face. "I guess this is really it for me" quickly whisper as your vision goes black.

It's warm...

Is this what death is like?

You faintly open you eyes for a brief second. You see young man, about that same age as you. He has you tightly In his arms while he runs. You mutter "thank you" and give a weak smile

You feel him stop and through your blurry vision you see his concerned face. His beautiful turquoise eyes looked at you with worry. You see him trying to talk to you but couldn't hear. Vision started to fade again and soon your world blacked out.

Am I dying?

Is this a dream?

No one will know I'm gone

Nor will they care

I mean nothing

You slowly open your eyes to see a small fire before you. Surprised by your surroundings your frantically sit up from your lying position.

You noticed something on your shoulders. It was someone's coat. It was a little big on you but it was warm and you nuzzled into it.

"Oh so your finally awake."

You frantically turn your head to the side.

He looked familiar.

You quickly move back, staring at the boy wide eyed. Your heart was beating hard. You looked the figure up and down. He had beautiful blonde hair that was to his shoulders. A strands of it in braids that tied into a small ponytail in the back. His ocean blue eyes looked at you.

"Hey hey, don't be scared I won't hurt you" he said putting his hands slightly in the air.

You didn't want to believe that but something deep down inside of you told you to trust him.

"My name is Albedo, chief alchemist of the nights of favonius." He said with a smile. You looked him up and down. You wanted to say something but couldn't.

Why can't I remember anything

You look down at your hands.

The blood was gone.

You quickly unbutton the coat to see yourself wrapped in bandages.

"Hey now take it easy" he said slightly moving forward. "Please try not to open the wounds."

You place your hand on the bandage and wince when a sharp pain zipped through your body.

You look back up at they boy now known as Albedo. "T-thank you." You say as you turn the opposite direction from him.

His eyes widened. his expression becomes soft. "No need to thank me, umm"

"I-its y/n"

You say as you fiddle with the sleeves of the jacket

The jacket smelled nice, reminding you of a Cecilia.

You open your eyes again, you quickly turn to albedo. "Where am I?" He look at you with a hum.
"We are in my lab in dragon spine" you couldn't help but feel comforted by his soothing voice

Were am I

How did I get here

Why was I bleeding

You look back down at your chest wound. Grazing you fingers over it again,You remember slightly.

You were running away.

Away from what though, you couldn't remember.

"I saw a trail of blood up at one of the harshest places on the mountain when I had to check on some of my research. I saw human footprints. They were Fresh and I knew something was wrong.  so I followed them, and found you lying in the snow surrounded by blood."

You looked at him in disbelief

"Y/n do you remember anything about how you got here?"

You slowly shook your head.

You stare at the floor in shock

Why me-

No...

You let out a small yawn and you could feel your eyelids become heavy.

"You should get some rest-" you didnt hear the rest of what he was going to say. You fell asleep instantly on the cold floor.

Albedo looks at you for awhile. Listening to your soft breaths. You looked so peaceful but he knew that was anywhere but true.

He walked over to you and gently picked you up and carried you over to a chair. He slowly set you down. He brushed a strand of h/c hair out of your face.

He began to walk away, looking back at you before turning back around. Leaving you there to sleep peacefully.

[word count 798]