Chapter 3

Copyright © 2016 Melissa P. // Asuna K.D.

** 2 Years later **

I ran out of my apartment wearing a black tank top, denim shorts and  black combat boots, and my regular weapons, (check chap. 1) except instead of two guns in slings on my legs, I had a badge on my waist.

I threw on my leather jacket and jumped into my dark black car, with bulletproof windows.

I hum a song and park outside a coffee shop.

I pull on rubber gloves.

I run inside and got 2 black coffees, along with a vanilla cupcake that had light blue swirled icing and black dot sprinkles.

I also purchased a mini-rose and put the cupcake and the rose in the box.

I pay with cash, not credit and jump into my car.

I drew with red lipstick on the box, to make a pair of lips.

I drive to the gates of NCIS and flash them my ID.

When they let me through, I park my car and jump out grabbing the coffees and box.

I walk inside and up the elevator.

I walk into the office and see none of Gibbs' team is here yet, except McGee.

"Hey McGee, keep a secret?" I ask.

"Sure Ally."

"Don't tell Tony his 'secret admirer." I grin placing the black coffee on Gibbs' desk and mine.

I place the cupcake/rose box on Tony's desk and take off the rubber gloves so he can't lift prints off the box.

I throw the gloves in my desk.

"Is this a prank?" McGee asks with a smile.

"Yup! It'll drive him crazy." I laugh.

I sit at my desk and that's when the rest of the team sat at their desks.

Tony read the admirer note aloud.

"Dearest Tony, you are a gorgeous man and your movie references are the best. Love, your secret admirer." He says in a weird voice.

I laugh and shake my head.

"What? Someone wrote me a love letter and got me a cupcake and a rose, I can't be happy?"

"I just wonder who it is." I smile at McGee.

"What?" Tony asks.

"Nothing." I say as Gibbs walks in.

"Dead marine crashed his car in Metro's backyard. Behind a bar." He says gearing up.

I already have my gun, so I throw on my black backpack and head down the the car.

When we arrived, I tied my hair up, pulled on my NCIS cap, took off my jacket, and pulled on some gloves.

I grab the camera and leave my bag in the car.

I start taking pictures of the dead guy and the evidence.

Gibbs is talking to Metro.

Ziva comes up to me, "We're working with Metro on this one. Detective Holly Barbieri is being stationed with us."

I nod.

"Why are you telling, just, me?" I ask.

"Because I know you like DiNozzo and he's going to flirt with Barbieri on this one."

"What!? I do not like him!" I whisper yell.

Ziva just smirks and walks away.

I take a picture of her and pout.

I continue taking pictures of the crime scene, thinking about cause of death, when I hear an annoying giggle.

I see a woman with almond brown skin, blonde hair that was curled perfectly at the ends, sparkling green eyes, and a white smile.

Great, I thought.

Detective Barbieri is a goddess.

Kill me now.

I groan and take a picture of the drooling, flirting Tony, trying to snap him out of his trance.

But it fails to work.

I roll my eyes and take off my NCIS cap to take a rest.

I've taken over 3 dozen photos, capturing every inch of the car.

I go see Ducky and Jimmy setting up the gurney for the dead marine.

"Ah, Ales (A-LES, kind of pronounced Alice). Did you finish your pictures?" Ducky asks.

"Yes Ducky. But I'm going to have to steal Jimmy away from you for a moment."

"Of course." Ducky says wheeling the gurney over by the car.

Palmer and I stood by the Medical van alone.

"I am having issues with that Detective Holly Barbieri." I sigh and he sees.

"Oh. Wow." He says.

"I know."

"It's killing me that only you and Abby know that I like him.. I really hate it when he flirts with other girls, I can't stand seeing it." I sigh.

"Then tell him!" Jimmy whispers.

"I can't! We're just buddies and he sees me as a sister! Plus what about Kyle?" I whisper back.

Kyle was my boyfriend. He's a marine and he... he's abusive.

"Fine, stay with Kyle. But don't blame me when you get super jealous." Jimmy chuckles walking away.

"That's not what Agent Lee said, Palmer." I shout at him.

He looks at me starstruck.

"How did you..."

"I have my ways." I smile, walking away.

I sigh not knowing what to do next.

I head over to Gibbs to tell him my findings.

"Alright Ally. You can go home you look tired." Gibbs says.

Weird.

"Oh...No it's fine.."

"DiNozzo! Take Parissi home." Gibbs shouts.

Tony looks agitated since he has to leave Barbieri.

I walk to the car and jump inside.

I sigh.

My phone vibrates quietly in my pocket.

I take it out as a new text from Kyle pops up.

"From: Kyle

Come over later."

Oh god. I thought.

"What's wrong?" Tony had appeared in the driver seat.

"Nothing." I lie smoothly, he looked confused.

Better to keep it that way.