Best Friend ²

SONG REQUEST FOR THIS CHAPTER: I Wanna Be Yours by Arctic Monkeys

 410 Words

High School AU

I place the bowl of salad on the table and sit down in my seat across from Rebecca.

"How's school, Becs?" I ask.

"Shit." She bluntly answers.

"Rebecca!" Winnie gasps.

I try to suppress the laugh that wants to fall.

"What mom! It is."

"It's okay, Winnie." George defends.

"Still, no language at the table. Especially when y/n is here."

"It's okay, Winnie. I don't mind." I reassure.

Throughout the whole conversation, I can see Bucky in the corner smirking. Smug prick.

Eventually, everyone sits down at the table, ready to eat. Plates are passed around, filling up with everything. A comfortable silence falls whilst we eat.

"James, any news on the football scholarship?" George asks Bucky,

"Uh, not yet, Dad." Bucky's face falls.

I drop my knife and hold his hand under the table, comforting him. He looks at me and smiles, thanking me. Across the table, Rebecca gags.

"Everything alright, Rebecca?" Winnie questions.

She looks at me and then at Bucky.

"Yeah, sorry. I don't know what came over me."

I pick up my knife again and start eating.

"So, y/n." Winnie starts.

I look up from my plate, waiting for her to finish her sip of wine and continue.

"Anyone at school caught your eye yet?" She asks.

I slightly chock on my food, going wide-eyed. Winnie is a very blunt person, but I wasn't expecting that to be her question.

I place my cutlery down on the table, trying to find an answer. As I was about to answer, I feel a warmth on my lower thigh. I look down and see a hand. Bucky's hand. My head snaps in his direction to see him smirking.

"I-I...uh, I'm not s-sure." I stutter.

Bucky's hand slides further up my thigh, finding its place just under the end of my skirt. My breath hitches and my heart starts beating faster.

"Are you okay, y/n?" Winnie asks, concerned.

"Yeah y/n, you okay?" Bucky taunts.

His smirk grows as I glare at him.

"Well mother, thank you for dinner but me and y/n have a test to study for." James stands from his seat and looks down at me expectantly.

I stay sat, dumbfounded. I shake my head out of the trance and eagerly stand.

"Yeah, a big test. Thank you for dinner." I thank, following Bucky who has already rushed down the hall, towards his bedroom.

I can't believe this is about to happen.