11:25 PM

Zane stood up forcefully, like something was taking his hunched body, and forcing him to stand. He walked to his window, not glancing at neither me nor Shante. He pulled the curtains aside and opened the window, glancing outside. No one should be out at this hour, which worried me if he tried to do anything stupid. "Zane." Shante whispered. "Please don't." 

I had lost three friends already, but I couldn't let my voice be heard. It was strange. I just silently watched everything unfold. Maybe it was the shock of everything that was happening. Zane climbed on the windowsill shakily before turning around and facing us, laughing as if he was slowly going mad. 

He swayed from side to side as if this were a game to him. Finally, he tipped an imaginary hat, saluting us before smiling and falling backwards into the night. Zane was gone too. I had lost three friends now. Shante broke down and started crying before abruptly stopping. She stood up, laughing and clapping her hands as if this were some good show.

She opened up her closet and pulled out a scarf, tying a small knot and walking to her bed. Jumping on it, she worked on tying the scarf to her ceiling fan while continuing to laugh like all of this was some joke. "Thanks a lot Sadie!" She sang. "This is all because of you." 

"I like her thinking," The distorted voice spoke. "I never thought of that. I was running out of ideas." She smiled as if that was a compliment before securing the scarf around her neck, tugging at it to make sure nothing was loose. She looked at me again with dark, vacant eyes. "Have fun being the last one. See you in heaven... or hell!" And with that, she let go, suffocating and strangling herself to death. 

Her part of the call hung up.

Now it was only me and the unknown.

"Wasn't that fun, Sadie?" The voice spoke. "It's been a while since we were alone like this, just me and you." 

"Why?" I whispered, finally finding part of my voice. "Why are you doing this?"

As if not hearing me, the voice continued. "I hated it when school and your friends were occupying so much of your time that you never had any left for me. But! That isn't the case now, is it? I guess I came at the right time!" The voice laughed. It sounded peaceful, as if it had finally reached its goal in life. Maybe it had. 

"Now, my love, you must do something for me. You'll leave this world just like I had." Without thinking much or resisting the force that made me stand, I pulled out my hone and started to record myself, walking to the stack of dirty dishes on my shelf. If only I had known that stack of dishes would be the death of me. Literally.

I pulled the knife away from between the fork, the blade glinting in the yellow light of my room. I walked back to my phone, eyeing the knife as if it was a treasure, tears streaming down my wet and sickly face. "Th-this is Sadie Johnson. T-today, I'd like to ap-apologise to my l-late boyf-friend. Today i-is his de-death anniver-anniversary. I-I'm s-sorry, Jay-Jayden." 

Slowly, the knife pierced my skin, blood trickling down my throat, my tears never-ending. It was taking too long; I wanted to end this suffering. So with much force, I pulled the knife back and stabbed it through my chest. Not caring that my phone was still recording, I fell back, the knife still plunged deep within my heart. 

And with one final breath, I smiled as everything turned black.