𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞:𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐧

TW:MENTIONS OF ABUSE AND DEATH

"I'm back." James announced, walking inside Elliot's place the next day. After quite literally almost killing Jimmy the night before he couldn't look at himself in the mirror yet alone face Diego, who thought he was some innocent saint who could never do no wrong, yet alone join a gang. However James didn't make an effort to change his clothes or take a shower, so he walked in the same white tee and jeans which was stained with crimson blood. Jimmys blood. James wanted to feel regret for what he did. In fact, he stood up for hours and thought about why he didn't feel any regret for anything. But Jimmy pissed him off so fucking much, that's the only thing that felt right to James at that moment.

"Shit, is that blood?" Gracie questioned, sitting up in her seat to observe James who was just blankly staring ahead. Diego sat up as well, his eyes widening at the sight. James looked like complete death.

"No Gracie, this is fucking grape juice." James spat as a reply. Gracie would've bit back with a comment faster than the speed of light but based on the way James was acting, something was clearly wrong. So she decided not to push him anymore.

"Are you alright, James?" Vanya had now jumped into the conversation, her eyes filled with concern and confusion at the same time. James finally managed to get a good look at everyone in the room, and they all looked at him as if he was insane. All except Diego, who ran a hand through his hair and stood up.

"Alright, let's go. Out the door." He demanded. James just stared at Diego, not knowing what he wanted him to do at the moment. Diego rolled his eyes and pulled James out of the house, starting to walk down the street. They were silent, and James wanted to talk to him. Ask why the hell they were outside if they weren't even gonna say anything. When a group of guys walked down the block, Diego out of instinct grabbed James' wrist and pulled him closer.

"Why are we here, Diego?" James sighed, finally stopping and placing his hands in his jacket pocket.

"Because you look like shit. I love you, but you look like shit. And I wanna know why." He replied.

"I almost killed someone. There, that solve the mystery?"

"Hell no it doesn't. Who did you almost kill? Not that I'm shocked, since I always knew you had it in you."

"Wait, you're not shocked? Really?" James was taken back by Diegos words, seeing as he was the most shocked of them all when he found out James joined a gang.

"You thought I was? You had abusive parents, you watched your dad fucking murder your mom right in front of you, you made friends, lost them, lost me, then when you come back you find out the world is ending, so in order for the world not to end you get transported here alone for two years. I think you got a lot of pent up anger in you, hot stuff. So no, I'm not shocked." Diego ranted.

James tried to hide the smile on his face, but that was almost impossible. "Way to recap my life."

"I did a pretty good job, didn't I? I should write a book. About us." Diego shrugged.