Prologue

A little preface, I DO NOT condone or recommend unerage drinking, smoking, or any other kind of drugs (caffeine, if you can call it a drug, is fine).

Bethany Smith was the daughter of Richard, or Rick for short, and Diane Sanchez. She was an intelligent, funny, beautiful woman with her whole life ahead of her.

Jerry Smith was the son of Leonard and Joyce Smith. He was an awkward, average-looking, not-so-intelligent man with a habit of bringing people down with him.

These two met in high school and started dating in their Junior year. In their senior year, a problem arose, Beth was pregnant. After months of good and bad moments, Beth's first child, Summer, was born. With Summer coming, Beth's father, Rick, decided to leave. He left to explore to infinite cosmos and the wonders it held.

Beth was heartbroken. Her father didn't even see the birth of her first child; now he's gone. After weeks of wondering what she did wrong, Beth got back on her feet. She put herself through school to become a horse heart surgeon, cheaper and less time-consuming than schooling for a human surgeon.

Jerry helped too! He attended some college courses and worked nights when Beth got home from school.

After three years, Beth and Jerry sat comfortably in their new life. Beth became a horse surgeon and Jerry had an average job in marketing. They thought long and hard before coming to the decision that they wanted another child. Well, less of that they came to the decision and more of "eh, it's already here, might as well."

Nine months came and went quickly. Beth found herself in that cold hospital bed once more before she could blink. Mortimer's big head left some strain on Beth, but it was over quickly. After Morty was born, however, came the surprise.

"All right, that's one down. One more to go. Get ready to push." The doctor got ready.

"What do you mean one more?! I thought that was it!" Beth shouted, sweat dripping down her face.

"I don't know how you didn't know, but you know now. Now I need you to push again." The doctor nodded curtly.

Beth gritted her teeth together as she followed the doctor's instructions. It seemed like hours before a second child was born.

She was quiet. The whole room held its breath as the doctor smacked the baby on the bottom.

Once

Twice

Three--

A shrill cry echoed through the room, everyone letting out a sigh of relief. A nurse with light blue hair cleaned the twins and handed them to their mother. "Congratulations. They're beautiful." The nurse smiled at the parents.

Silence enveloped the parents as they stared at the unexpected child. Beth began tearing up at the sight of the child's hair.

"Did you cheat on me?" Jerry asked, fearfully.

"What the-- no! How would that even work? They're twins." Beth shook her head at her husband in annoyance. She looked at the child in endearment. "That's my dad's hair."

The two parents looked at the child in wonder. A little girl with light blue hair and furrowed eyebrows fussed in Beth's arms.

That day two children were born: Mortimer Chauncey Smith and (Y/n) Daniel Smith.

Nine months went by quickly. The family sat in their living room, Beth and Jerry sat on the couch, Summer sat on the floor playing with her dolls, Morty sat in his bouncing play chair, and (Y/n) sat on the carpet playing with blocks. On TV Back to the Future played quietly. Beth and Jerry sat on opposite ends of the couch as they watched the movie and their children.