𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 ℯ𝒾ℊ𝒽𝓉

Was it the best day of her life or a huge mistake?

Asmara was unable to make up her mind.

All she could say was that it was very unusual indeed.

"May I know your location? ", she typed as she walked past the park's front gate.

The scenery bathed beautifully in the sun's dazzling gaze as Asmara used her hands to shed some sunlight.

She detested the heat.

After a brief pause, the girl received a message.

"Near the lake."

Asmara flashed a smile as it was her favorite area of the park.

She then checked her fringe in the front camera for the twentieth time that day.

Thankfully, the weather wasn't particularly windy, or she wouldn't have been able to feel as confident as she did.

She liked wind, but unfortunately, it was a one sided-love.

Like always...

"Ok," she mumbled, drawing closer and closer by the second.

The soothing ambiance of nature made the location the ideal summer getaway.

Sadly, Asmara wasn't so certain about this getaway.

Did she make the wrong decision?

Did she?

The girl inhaled deeply, gave her hair one last look, and then started to type.

She was already there. There was no going back. She wasn't a coward, was she?

No...right?

"'I am here'... no, 'look up'... too weird... argh, why am I so...", she mumbled with frustration as her fingers tapped on the screen.

She was still struggling when she noticed Shayne waving at her from a distance.

He was seated on a bench with his backpack resting on his lap, not far away.

Asmara exhaled, rolled her eyes, and walked over, cursing at her past stupidity.

"It's just a guy after all...", she muttered to herself as she took off her backpack and sat down next to him.

"Hi.", he started.

"Hi..."

There was then an awkward pause before Shayne started laughing.

Asmara made an effort to compose herself.

"Emm... anyhow...", she started, embarrassed.

The girl kept her eyes of an icy gaze out of reflex.

"Yeah, anyhow. So... You said you wanted me to tutor you in math?", the boy answered, regaining his composure.

"Maybe. I mean, yes."

"Okay! Why are you wearing a mas-"

"Let's just study, please."

They then pulled out their notebooks and got to work.

It was more interesting than Asmara thought it would be.

Shayne was actually quite bright and nice to be around.

Not that he changed much from the Shayne she knew from school.

It was just that, here, she didn't need to care.