Finally, I'm home

A/n: so I wanted to explain some terms because horses are involved and certain things can be confusing. 

Mare: A female horse

Stud/Stallion: an INTACT/Unfixed male horse

Dam: Mother

Sire: Father

◼◼◼◼

You sighed heavily, pulling into your new home, and circling through the driveway so the large trailer behind you was near the gate. You'd bought a large plot of land in Wrath, the land was plentiful and exactly what you needed.

You shut the truck off, getting out, and opening one of the side doors on the trailer. You'd moved here because you were one of the biggest racing hell horse breeders. You needed the space and after years of being in the business you figure out the horses raced better when they were able to run and play as babies.

If you let them run around and play as babies they viewed running on the track as fun, and they didn't think of it as work. Hell horses hated work, so make something fun and they'll do anything for you.

You grabbed some of the lead ropes, opening each of the trailer windows, and hooking them to your horses. You had more horses coming, but they wouldn't be here for another day or two.

You had taken your most prized mares with you, not wanting them to get hurt or left behind because decent help was so damn hard to come by. You opened the large door, your smallest mare nickering at you. "Yeah, yeah I'm working on it Hera." You hopped in, patting her neck. She was anxious but contained it well, or so you thought.

You unclipped her from the trailer, grabbing the rope. She damn near ran you over trying to get out. "Mare!" You growled, digging your feet into the ground, trying to get her to stop. A shrill neigh wrang through the air and she immediately stopped trying to drag you. "Thanks, Brutus!"

You moved closer, leading her off towards the field. You took her through the barn, opening one last gate before setting her free. She took off, calling to her friends.

They responded and you began the process of getting all 8 horses out of the trailer. It took a bit, some of them being rude because of the new environment. You had to put your biggest mare, Celeste, in her place, backing her the whole way to the field because she was being such a prick.

She was growling at you, angry at your discipline. "Had you not been such an ass I wouldn't have to do this," you growled back. She snorted, but when you let her out she waited for you to pat her butt so she could leave.

"Thank you, ma'am," you called behind you as you went to get Brutus. He was the biggest damn horse you'd ever seen. Standing at over 9 feet tall. He made anyone look like a dwarf. He was waiting patiently in the trailer, and when he heard you approach he called to you.

"Yes, Brutus, I'm coming my big sweet boy." You walked towards him, opening the divider and unclipping him. As you were walking him to his separate pasture you could hear the girls squealing at each other as they tried to re-establish their hierarchy.

Brutus was prancing, wanting to give his own input on the girl's fight. You gave a quick sharp tug on the rope, causing his head to dip. "No one asked for your input Brutus." He snorted but walked beside you like the well-behaved man you knew he could be.

He got his own pasture since he was a big ladies' man. You opened his gate, patting his butt. He trotted over towards where the girls were, as they shared a fence line and started to snort.

The girls were eating it up, prancing with him as they trotted up and down the fence line. You rolled your eyes and went to get yourself settled. You back the truck and trailer up, and unhitched the trailer so you could head to town if you needed to.