Apologies?

He grabbed one horse. And you switched back and forth. These girls got their own field for now since they were used to each other. You finally had enough land now that you could put most of your horses together, which you planned on doing once they settled in.

You'd put the last horse in the pasture, closing and locking the gate behind her. They all began to explore their expansive pasture and you left to help Oran finish unloading the trailer. You'd brought some tack on this run, but it was mostly Oran's belongings and some furniture.

Oran had grabbed an ungodly amount of boxes and was determined to get as much into the house in as few trips as possible. You could almost see his arms shaking from the effort of holding all three boxes.

You knew they were heavy, as they were labeled " books ". You smiled at his grimace and grabbed your own box to bring into the house.

You met in the doorway, stopping for a moment with the box still in your arms. "Know when your sister's supposed to leave?" You questioned as he passed you. He shook his head, shrugging and heading back towards the truck.

He helped you get the furniture in, and you were finally able to collapse onto the newly placed couch. He flopped down next to you, huffing and puffing away. You weren't doing much better yourself, however, trying to regain your own breath.

"Want," a breathy pause, "some ice tea?" You asked, shifting your weight to stand. You turned your body to look at him, seeing he had closed his eyes. Oran only nodded, not even opening his eyes to look at you.

You huffed, rolling your eyes but going into the kitchen to get the two of you some cups of the cool beverage. You threw some ice in the cups and poured the tea, which you had brewed yesterday.

You went back into the living room, plopping next to Oran and handing him his tea. He thanked you and threw his head back as he gulped down the drink. You took a few moments to sip your tea and cool off before asking him if he wanted help setting up his room.

He shook his head but thanked you for your offer. You nodded, getting up and heading toward the kitchen. You decided that you'd begin to cook dinner while he started to move into his room. It didn't get dark till pretty late, but it was around the time you usually got hungry.

You were scavenging the cabinets, trying to find something you'd be able to cook for the both of you. There was food but most of it wasn't enough for the two of you. "Shit," you groaned. You closed the cabinets begrudgingly and huffed.

You walked towards the stairs, climbing one to yell at Oran. "Hey, Oran! I gotta go to the store, do you want anything!?" You inquired. His head popped up from his door, "wait for me and I'll come with you."

You groaned, "I'm an adult Oran, I don't need to be babysat." He smirked at you, "I know," he grinned and went back into his room. You rolled your eyes but went to the entryway to wait for him.

He came bounding down the stairs not long after and stopped just in front of you. You sighed, but grabbed a set of keys and walked out to the truck.

He climbed into the passenger seat, almost bouncing in place. He was excited to go into town and see the new area he'd be living in. You rubbed his head gently and started the truck up. You put it into gear and made your way into town.

You parked at the grocery store, hopping out and locking the truck behind the two of you. Oran skipped to your side, wrapping his arm around your shoulder. You rolled your eyes, flicking his nose. He huffed but did not let you go.

He was always a playful pup, him and his sister. But at this point, they go along like cats and mice, constantly bickering and posturing at the other. You figured it was because they were teenagers, and you had siblings growing up, so the bickering wasn't anything new. When it got too intense, however, you stepped in and sent them off to their respective rooms.

Oran towered over you as you rolled your cart around the store. Grabbing a few things from the shelves and putting them in the cart. Every one of the other patrons glared at you and stayed as far away as possible.

Oran huffed, leaning down to ask you a question. "Have they been like this since the beginning?" You nodded, throwing a box of cereal into the cart. "Yeah, it's been annoying as all hell," you grumbled. He grunted but said nothing else.

You finally finished all the shopping and moved to check out. You had only just gotten into the line when someone came up behind you and tapped your shoulder.

You turned, thinking it was Oran as he had just told you he was going to find something you had forgotten. It was a random imp, he wasn't very tall but was wide. "Dumb city folk don't know when to leave well enough alone do they?"

You quirked your brow, standing in front of him and puffing your chest up. "Scuse me, sir?" You dared, glaring down at the man. He flinched but didn't cower away. Oran walked up at that moment and growled at the imp, and he decided to take his own advice and leave.

As he did, Oran and you looked at each other, rolling your eyes simultaneously. You finished checking out of the store, and Oran helped you load the truck up.

You grumbled the whole way home, already annoyed with this small town. You had just pulled into your driveway when you saw the same horse that Striker fellow rode. "Jesus fuck," you lamented, slamming the truck into park and angrily grabbing some of the grocery bags. Oran grabbed the rest of the grocery bags, being the kind of guy who refused to take more than one trip.

You walked onto your porch, Striker sitting on one of the benches. You grabbed your keys out of your pocket and unlocked the door. You ignored the man, going into the kitchen to begin putting away the groceries.

Oran followed close behind, glaring at the intruding Imp as he passed. Striker only huffed a laugh, inviting himself in. Oran turned to make one last trip to grab the last of the groceries and bristled at the sight of the other man in his new home.

Your back was turned, putting groceries away, but you felt the air shift. Oran was always able to do that, the feeling of the air would shift, specifically when he was angry.

Striker's smirk never left his face, with a wide grin and sharp teeth on display, he raised his hands in surrender. "Just came to welcome you to the neighborhood this time. My folks made ya'll a customary welcome pie."

Striker's grin was sending a shiver up Oran's spine. He desperately wanted to grab Striker and chuck him out of his home, and tell him to stay the hell out. But Oran knew better, you'd taught him better, so he just grumbled and went to get the rest of the groceries.

"Where is it then?" You questioned, leaning against the counter expectantly. Striker's grin faltered for barely a second, but it was enough that you were able to see it. Your own grin split your face. "Forget it?" You taunted.

Striker grunted but shook his head. "It's still on bombproof," Striker grumbled, leaving your house. You assumed he was going to his horse. Oran came back in before Striker did, assuming he was even coming back in at all.

"Don't like him," Oran griped. "I know honey, we just have to be civil for a bit longer, then he'll be out of our hair." You gave him a slight ear scritch. Striker burst through the door at that moment, with a pie in his hands.