System

"Hey, look at this! It's so soft and squishy!"

"It is. I feel sleepy..."

"Sleepy? That means we have to 'rest' right?"

"Mm...that's right"

*****

Beep Beep

"Miss? Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?"

You woke up to a soothing man's voice, calling out to you.

Who is that?

What happened?

You frowned as you try to comprehend your situation on what's going on. Then you remembered that you fainted in the middle of the fire.

Wait, doesn't that mean I'm dead???

Again??

And this man found me?

You finally decided to open your eyes to see who your savior is, only to be met with bright golden eyes with lustrous short golden hair. He was shining as bright as the sun behind him, so bright that it almost blinded you permanently.

You stared at the man before you in disbelief, stunned by his beautiful appearance. He smiled charmingly at you, just like a prince from a fairy tale. When he smiled he looks as innocent and harmless like a small puppy. He was currently holding you in a princess carry.

Only one thing came to your mind at that moment.

What the fuck?

He's definitely not human

"Um...I'm glad that you're awake but you've been staring at me for a while now"

You snapped out of it when you realized that you've been staring at him for a few minutes now.

"Ah, sorry, who are you?"

He smiles at your question.

"You must be a new traveler?"

"Huh?"

I asked him something and he asked me something else?

"Just call me Aelius"

"Aelius...."

I've never talked to anyone outside of that prison before, excluding all the men who imprisoned me

He said "traveller". I guess that dream was real? I'm a traveller now?

But I feel like I'm forgetting something....

Something about my desire....

"You came out of that lab right?"

Your thoughts were interrupted when the man - Aelius, asked you another question.

"Lab?? What lab?"

Aelius didn't answer and looked ahead. You followed his gaze and saw a burnt down mansion.

I was trapped in there? It doesn't look anything like a lab at all

"I guess so...", You muttered in reply.