Chapter 7. Deception

I knew I was going to regret my decision, but I didn't expect it to be this soon. The first time Edward wrapped his arm around Emma's waist, her surprise was nothing compared to how I felt. It was like someone was stabbing me in the heart, slowly, and with a blunt dagger. I wanted to take him away from her, cry in his arms and tell him that I can't do it, I am not strong enough to handle it, he must find another way. I won't bear seeing her in his arms, even if I knew it meant nothing to him. If he once had patience to put up with the presence of Jacob in my life, I don't have it in me to do the same for him. I wanted to say all that, but I couldn't. I knew how much this means to him, how much he cares for her, how he is willing to do anything, just anything to save her. I knew that noting I would say or do will change his mind. I had to pull myself together, turn a blind eye, or may be try not to be around when they are together, easier said than done.

Day after day I watched them get closer to one another. I was tortured with every smile, every laugh, every whisper, every gesture and every touch. I watched her not only take over my husband, but my daughter too. Their newly found telepathy that developed over that doomed night was taking over almost all of Nessie's time. No one seemed to care how it came about or how they were doing it, they just enjoyed watching them talk in each other's head, with the only one peaking on their silent conversations, is my husband. I never felt more left out in my life, they were like the three musketeers, I had no place between them.

I followed them around like a true stalker, I couldn't help it, I didn't know what else to do. I was falling down a spiral, I lost count of days..... Months, I didn't even know if it was day or night. Edward's love is what always defined me and without it I was completely lost.

Every day I struggled to come to terms with what the circumstances had dictated on me. Not only was I emotionally devastated, I was torn apart because no one in my family noticed how it was tormenting me, I was drowning, and no one bothered to even offer me a straw, not even Edward. The little time he spent with me, was all about her, about her progress. He kept going on and on about how her face looks better, how she can run faster now and how she is showing interest in hunting. He was so obsessed with her, he was utterly oblivious to what it was doing to me.

Emma was not only getting better, her attitude was changing. Nessie had been complaining that she was avoiding seeing her future in the mornings, that every day, she would come up with lame excuses to elude their sessions together. This was no surprise to me, Emma believes she secured Edward's love now, she doesn't need to win Nessie over any more to get his attention. Their future telling session is just a start, she is surely to back out from all the activities they do together, one by one. Her attitude towards me was no exception, she used to shy away from me, embarrassed either because of her feelings for Edward, or because of his feelings for her, but now......now she insists on looking me in the eye, with so much confidence and pride, showing off Edward's attention as if it was rightfully hers.

Edward and Emma were celebrating their anniversary tonight, an anniversary that had a different meaning for each one of them, and more importantly a deep impact on me....

Edward's black tuxedo and Emma's off white dress, made it look like their wedding not just a night out. She was so excited, She couldn't contain herself, it doesn't get any more personal than celebrating the day you met, she couldn't go out on her special night without bragging about it, and rubbing it in my face.

"How are you Bella?" she asked, so full of herself.

"I am fine Emma, how are you?" I kept my voice casual, I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of annoying me.

"I never felt better," her words came off pompous and irritating.

"It seems you have been escaping Nessie future sessions every morning, any reason for that?!" I teased letting her know I see right through her.