Ch. 6

School finally is let out for today and I meet Lucie and Clover outside by the entrance. "Where is Ninava and Luna?" I ask them. "They went to get our weapons from the weapon storage room." Clover says. "Shouldn't they've been out by now though?" Lucie asks. "Maybe." I say shrugging.

"Ninava get the door! Get the door!" We hear Luna yell from inside. We see Luna carrying four weapons and Ninava only carrying one through the glass doors. Ninava opens the door and Luna immediately runs outside. "Everyone grab your weapons!" Luna says fast. We each grab our weapons while Luna held onto one that I haven't seen before. And Ninava's weapon that she is holding is her bloblobber. 

"Is that a wind shield wiper, Luna?" I couldn't help but to ask her. Everyone soon begins laughing with what I said while I'm just standing here in confusion. "You'll see later Lyric. You will see." Luna says as she gives a wicked smile. 

"So what took y'all so long?" Clover asks looking at Luna and Ninava. "We had to talk to Ms. Oceania about getting our weapons." Luna says. "Yeah it was a pain!" Ninava adds. "At least you got the weapons." Lucie says.

"So where are we heading to?" I ask Luna. "Follow us." Luna says as we begin walking to who knows where. 

"Oh Luna can you guess who we battle today?" Clover asks looking at Luna. "Who?" Luna ask in her dark and serious voice. "Cody." Clover says. I'm now shock because I thought she was going to say Trigger, not Cody. Why would Luna be interested in us battling Cody? 

"Ugh!" Luna says as she rolls her eyes. "What's up with her?" I ask Clover. Clover looks at Luna and Luna nods. "She's going to find out sooner or later, so just tell her now." Luna says as she covers her ears. 

"So Cody was Luna's boyfriend, but he cheated on her. So now she does not like him at all." Clover says. "And the worst part is I saw it in front of my own eyes." Luna says still plugging her ears or at least trying to. 'So that means that inkling girl on the sidelines is probably Cody's girlfriend.' 

"See I told you Luna, this world can be cruel sometimes." Lucie says snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yeah yeah whatever." Luna says unplugging her ears.

We finally make it back to familiar sightings where I'm able to see Deca Tower. The news came on where it is showing Off The Hook. 

"Y'all know what time it is!" Pearl says sitting in a comfy yellow and pink stripe chair. "It's Off The Hook, coming at you LIVE from Inkopolis Square!" Marina says behind all of her DJ equipment. "Check It! Here are the current regular battle stages." Pearl says as Marina shows the two stages. 

"Yo, Marina! I'ma tell my dad to build us a concert stage here!" Pearl says. "Ooh! Can I operate the equipment?!" Marina says jumping back with joy.

"And these are the current ranked battle stages!" Pearl says and Marina shows them. "The floor in the middle moves whenever my team is losing! HOW DOES IT KNOW?!" Pearl says jumping in her chair making the crown on her head jump. "Ah, so that's why it never stops moving..." Marina says smirking.

"Here are the league battle stages" Pearl says as Marina shows them. "Al-Al-Albacore, the hotel you've been waiting for!" Pearl sings as she puts her hands together and looks at Marina. "NOOOOOO! Now that's going to be stuck in my head all week!" Marina says jumping back looking at Pearl.

"Boss Salmonids are so afraid of me, they don't even TRY to attack me! Pearl says sitting back in her chair throwing her arms beside her. "Either that, or you're so short that they mistake you for a Chum." Marina says as she moves one of her tentacles out of her face and looks at Pearl with wide eyes. 

"And that's all the time we've got!" Pearl says jumping in her seat making her crown jump on her head again. "Until next time!" Pearl says jumping out of her seat and Marina moves her equipment out of the way. "Don't get cooked! Stay off the hook!" Both Pearl and Marina say as they do their ending pose. 

"Is it weird I kinda want to do Salmon Run now." A boy says behind us. He an octoling with yellow tentacles, and green eyes. He's wearing a black hoodie, shorts, and his shoes were gold hi-horses. 

"Oh hi Joseph!" Clover says waving at him

"Oh hi Joseph!" Clover says waving at him. "Hey everyone, who's y'all's friend? He ask looking at me. "This is Lyric we are just about to train her." Ninava says. "Oh so she's one of us." He says. "Yep." Ninava says. "I kinda want to battle her now." Joseph says. "Oh come on Joseph! She already knows your gift from Toby. All she has to do is push you into water and then you're out. And trust me I don't think that will be hard for her to do." Lucie says. "Aww your no fun Lucie." He says crossing his arms. 

"Anyways we need to go and battle her. We will do a turf war with you and everyone else later. Deal?" Luna asks him. "Fine." He says as he shrugs his shoulders. "Okay lets go." Luna says.

We walk over to what looks like a manhole right outside of Ammo Knights. "Are you sure it's safe to go in there?" I ask them. "Oh yeah it's pretty much abandoned on the other side. You'll see." Luna says to me. She turns into her octopus form and went in. Then Lucie follows, then Ninava, and then Clover. I look down in there already regretting this. I turn into my octopus form and I go in. 

—————————————————————

Hi everyone sorry I haven't been updating this on both Saturday and Sunday. I'll try to update more once I get onto fall break, if I don't get myself grounded by failing a test. I hope y'all like the story so far. This book will probably go on for a little while to be honest. Have a great day/night and stay safe!