chapter one

Edward wakes up after dreaming about being killed in battle.  Anne warned him the other day she had a bad feeling and was worried about losing him too after learning about her father's death.

He looks over and sees Anne still asleep. Tomorrow was the day he was going into war. But now he was having doubts. He was willing to give up the crown as long as he can be by Richards side. But it wasn't that easy the Yorks wanted the Lancaster's gone so they'd no longer be in the way for the throne and of course his mother had no intentions of standing down either.

Edward sits up in his bed as he looks over at his new wife, he didn't feel love for her but he still deeply cared about her as his new friend and family after first they didn't really get along as they would argue over Richard but that all changed after awhile as they got to know each other better.

Anne opens her brown eyes as she see her husband looking very uncomfortable. She had only recently started to develop feelings of love towards the blond which only Margaret knew about.

Anne: "Is everything okay Edward?, you look pale"

Edward: "I think we should return to france, the lancaster's have lost this war.... with your father gone we have no chance"

Anne: "what's made you change your mind"

Edward: "I have a bad feeling.... no I had a dream and it didn't end well"

Anne: "would you like to talk about"

She sits up in there bed as she looks at her husband as she places her hand over his. He was basically the only family she had left along with her younger sister.

Edward: "I dreamed you took my place in the war as a decoy.... and my mother gets captured and then i died saving you both"

Anne: "That's why I don't want you to go I have a bad feeling about this Edward. We should flee.... while we can"

Edward: "what about mother she won't step down, besides will I ever see Ricard again by running away?"

Anne: "perhaps one day you well see him again but now we should return to france till this war is over, I can't lose you too I've already lost my father"

Edward: "alright let's leave now, the boats should be still at the docks I don't care about the crown, I have to protect you and my mother, im sure my father will be fine...... he's escaped many times"

Anne: "don't worry about what your  mother will say she doesn't want you on the battle field, so your making the right decision"

Anne smiles at him  as they both get up packing there things ready to leave. Margaret over hears both teens talking as she enters there tent.

Margaret: "leave your father to me Edward, you should flee and protect your wife, and perhaps return in the future to retake the throne"

Edward: "Mother... you should surrender and come back with us"

Margaret: "I can't do that my son, the Yorks still hold your father captured, I know what I'm doing"

Edward: "alright, but any sign of trouble flee, father will be fine I'm sure of it"

The next day Edward and Anne board onto the ship as they head back to France. Which put Margaret's worries to the side.

One week later after the war Margaret was arrested and placed in the tower for life. Just like Edward's dream. The lancaster's had lost the war.

Edward sits by the window looking out the window at the waves. Thoughts going threw his head about the war and if his parents and Richard are all okay.

Anne sits on the bed with a wooden bucket. She was suffering from a bad case of sea sickness or so she thought.

Edward: "you should rest up Anne if your feeling unwell"

Anne: "I will be fine Edward, I'm not sure if it is sea sickness I'm suffering from or something else"

Edward: "what makes you think that, your clearly sick"

Anne: "I don't know but I think it's something else"

Edward: "something else?"

She places the bucket down as she places her hand over her stomach, Edwards cheeks flush red at the realisation that she might be with child, it had been about a month since they were forced to lay with each other.

Anne: "I'm not certain what it is but I'm sure it's nothing.... so how about a game of chess it may take my mind off feeling sick"

Edward: "I Don't see why not but, are you sure you will be okay, you are my wife after all I have to take good care of you"

Anne: "I will be fine. But um listen Edward I rather not talk about Richard anymore...."

Edward: "that's unusual coming from you I thought you loved Richard"

Anne: "I did but... that's all changed.. my love has turned more into hatred.. he killed my father Edward..."

Edward: "I should be feeling the same way but my heart won't let me Richard's family have mine captive, I was never close to my father but my mother how ever did everything for me..... I will go back some day to save her maybe father too..... but listen Anne something tells me Richard didn't kill your father.... it's just a feeling I have"

Anne: "even so I don't think I can trust him anymore..... for now we should focus on keeping the lancaster's bloodline alive"

Edward: "yeah..... and by the time I see Richard again I hope she's still available and no other man has touched her"

Anne couldn't help but laugh at his reaction one of the many traits that had her falling for her husband.

Edward: "wait what's so funny?"

Anne: "it's nothing I just love seeing you like this that's all. So are you up for that game of chess?"

Edward: "of course only if your feeling up for it Anne"

Over in England one of the guards go towards Richard and king Edward as he kneels before them.

Guard: "I'm sorry your highness there appears to be no traces or sightings of the Lancaster's prince"

King edward: "I see so no one knows his were abouts at all?"

Guard: "no your majesty"

King edward: "in that case we will leave the prince be, he doesn't seem to be a threat to us right now"

Richard: "brother.... the prince could be out there gathering new troops to go up against us in the future"

King Edward: "if it comes down to that we will be ready for him, for now I want you all to keep watch for the Lancaster prince, if you find him, bring him to me alive"

To be continued