prologue 2: the battle of hogwarts

the second wizarding war - hogwarts

"harry potter is dead! come forward if you wish to join me, or die" voldemort announced with an ugly smirk on his face, earning a scream of grief from both ginny and hermione in the distance.

voldemort notices that draco is standing with the order, he looks back at lucius with a hard glare as lucius tries to get his son to join the dark side. when narcissa calls for him instead, he moves forward but not until voldemort uncertainly hugs him, long fingers across the blondes back, hermiones knees buckle, hands covering her eyes as tears flow down her bruised face.

neville longbottom steps forward, all deatheaters laugh at him mockingly. he gives a speech, but as he ends his words harry potter falls from the grasp of hagrid, wandless before draco throws his wand to him. harry potter fights off voldemort and wins. everyone is gleaming with pride and relief. bodies and blood on the destructed floor.

hermione sees draco and his mother narcissa leaving hogwarts, she tries to follow them but is distracted by the death of fred weasley, lavender brown, nymphadora and remus lupin.

harry runs to hermione and gives her a hug, she returns the hug with tears flowing down both their faces, "i didn't know 'mione" harry mutters into her neck, she doesn't understand what he means but starts crying more, mourning for all the dead bodies and draco.