Tickets

The beginning of a new Gym Challenge era was about to unfold in Galar, and everyone was at the edge of their seats.

Trainers were focusing harder than ever on strengthening their teams, Gym Leaders studying new strategies and audiences standing by for tickets to experience each battle with their own eyes.

One particular trainer sat in front of a computer screen with a rotom phone to the side displaying a timer.

11:59:38

The desk rapidly shook from a leg shaking in anticipation, eyes focused on the time and hand ready to press "buy."

11:59:55

This was it.

11:59:59

My chance to—

"SOLD OUT!?"

The figure fell to their knees as the bold letters were displayed on screen, notifying them of their failure.

"I can't believe this... I'm so sad..."

"Leon!! Leon, I got them!!"

"HUH!?" The man that had started punching the floor in grief quickly stood and grabbed his friends hands.

"Don't kid with me. Raihan. Did you actually get them?"

"Yes..! Yes we're gonna see (y/n) in concert!!"

The grown men started squealing and jumping in circles, quickly pausing as they caught themselves.

"Let's never do that again."

"Agreed."

"How did you get them anyway? I swear I pressed buy once it turned 12 but it said sold out..."

"Guess my fingers just move faster."

The taller man winked at Leon in which he returned with a disgusted look.

"Yeah, bye." Leon started pushing Raihan out the door of his apartment.

"Woah, woah! It's the middle of the night, you're kicking me out!?"

"Yeah. Goodnight fast fingers."

Slamming the door, Leon turned around once again fighting the urge to squeal.

(y/n) was an idol from Unova who debuted with the help of Elesa. She was known to write her own music from a young age.

He would never publicly admit it, but she was his "celebrity crush." It started out as admiration when he was young, as she had written a song about "never giving up" and "chasing your dreams."

It was cliche and overdone, but the song that started her career at her young age showed the young Leon that perhaps anything was possible— just like his dream of becoming the champion.

Being able to witness her performance in person was a miracle enough, though Leon couldn't help but imagine scenarios in which they would accidentally meet.

(lol me being delusional wishing i would meet my own idols on the street)

Perhaps an encounter at the convenience store! He would offer to pay for her items and thank her for inspiring him...

Or maybe save her from a brutal paparazzi! He could swoop in with his Charizard and fly away with her!..

His imaginations were limitless. Deep down he knew the chances were slim of having a one on one conversation with her, but a part of him also had hope in being able to pour his heart out to her. Despite being a celebrity figure himself, he knew that (y/n) probably had more security around her.

A gorgeous young lady was a target for any criminal, but add the title "famous" and all eyes are on said lady; any of which could have harmful intentions.

He could always ask for some strings to be pulled, but it would always come back to his pride and not wanting anyone to know about his little crush.

Leon laid in bed with a smile on his face as he drifted off to sleep.

In Unova, (y/n) had woken not too long ago. She laid in bed, laptop on her stomach with a screen that displayed an empty word doc.

The tickets for her next concert were just released and news of it being sold out quickly spread. She was grateful for her fans, which made what she wanted even more difficult.

She sighed, the first of many for today. Sitting up, she decided to let her hands on the keyboard move freely.

'Thank you for tonight, everyone! Before the last song I wanted to make an announcement. I had a hard time figuring out how and even if I really did want to go through with it so I hope you understand... I will be taking a hiatus.

I will be traveling to Galar to pursue another dream I have... Taking on the gym challenge. I know it's a little selfish leaving Unova, but as a kid I would watch the Galarian Gym Challenges in my time between writing music and school.

I hope you all understand and continue to support me. I promise that this won't be the last time we see each other, I will come back on the stage with more music to share my feelings with everyone.'

Reading it over, (y/n) shrugged.

"Good enough." She mumbled, knowing her manager would look over it and probably change it.

Secretly, she hoped they wouldn't. It truly did come from her heart and is a message she wanted to deliver to her fans.

Closing the laptop, she got out of bed and prepared for the day— which consisted of vocal and dance practices.

Her heart skipped a beat thinking of the next concert. She had gotten used to performing and grown to love the cheers.

Her fear came from imagining herself giving the speech.