Oceans and Noppo

Y/n POV

It was 6 in the morning when I woke up.

I then did my usual morning routine. I woke up the younger ones and got ready for the day. I helped the younger ones do their morning routine. We all went down to the dining hall where the older kids were preparing breakfast.

"Good morning, Y/n, my dear. Can you please hold Felipe for me? I need to help some of  the sisters." A sister came to me with a baby in her arms.

"Of course," I said as I held my arms out. The sister hand me baby Felipe and left. "Hi, Felipe," I said as I let him hold one of my fingers. Felipe cooed as he held my hands with pure curiosity.

Once breakfast was prepared, we all bowed our heads as thanks and started eating. After that, I took care of the younger ones with Sam. Sam was one of the older kids who was caught out sneaking. He was partly at fault for making the curfew go down.

It was now 8:52 am. I went to my room and got my stuff. I also got my allowance money. At the moment, I had 123 dollars. This was because the sisters give us money if we do our chores properly. They pay you higher if you do volunteer to do some chores.

If you washed lots of dishes, they give you 10 dollars max. 5-7 dollars if the dishes are less.

If you looked after the young ones for an hour, they give you 2 dollars per child you watch. If you looked after them for 2-3 hours max, they make it 5 dollars.

If you helped do the laundry and groceries, you get 7-10 dollars, depending on how much work you do.

If you helped clean the orphanage, they make it 12 dollars max.

I wonder how the sisters aren't broke yet.

I went to the kitchen. There, I saw a cook. It was Akari. I then politely knocked to make my presence known. Akari turned and smiled when she saw me.

"Let me guess. You want some food for the trip." Akari smiled. I nodded. Akari loved making treats for the children in the orphanage. Sometimes, she goes overboard. Sometimes, she buys on her way to the orphanage.

Akari then went to a pantry where she puts her treats. There, you can see chocolate, cookies, the bread of all sorts, soda, chips of all kinds of flavors, donuts, nuts, instant ramen, and more.

"Let's see, is it alright if you take more than usual? I made too many treats and bought too many snacks today and the sisters will scold me if they find out if I'm doing it again." Akari looked at me.

"Of course. I also have a feeling that I might need that." I said. 

Akari smiled brightly at my answer. She then started getting bags. In the end, she had three bags of all kinds of treats. There was the bread of all sorts, instant ramen, chips of every size and flavor, 4 donut boxes, spreads, some nuts, 7 family-size sodas, and more.

"Oh, dear. Can you carry all that?" Akari asked.

"Don't worry, Akari. I can put some in my bag." I put some stuff in the bag, only having two bags to hold.

"Thank you again, Y/n. You are a lifesaver." Akari kissed my forehead.

"It was nothing," I said. I then bid her goodbye, and sneakily made my way out of the orphanage, hoping that the sisters didn't see me.

I then went to the Kamonomiya complexes and saw Natsume walking.

"Natsume!" I called her out. Natsume waved and came to me.

"Y/n! Akari made a lot again?" Natsume held one of the bags.

"Yep, she did," I said. We laughed and talked until we went into the restricted area. We crawled underneath the metallic wall and sneakily made our way to complex 112. We went into Grandpa Yasuji's room and put away the treats. We then did our own thing.