The Parting Waltz and The Last Kiss

Will's POV

Will's hand slipped around her waist, the very same place he had placed his hand on when they danced at their wedding. They began to waltz, slowly and sweetly, like re-watching a memory. Tessa's gray blue eyes locked onto his, her face inches from his.

"Tessa, I need to tell you something."

"Yes Will?" Tessa said as he spun her out under his arm, the music got more intense before quieting down.

"I'm leaving, Jem and you won't worry about me third wheeling."

"Will!"

"Yes?" Will asked, capturing her in his embrace as they continued to dance.

"Do you remember what I used to say to you on our wedding anniversary?"

"Love me without fear, Trust me without questioning, Need me without demanding, Want me without restrictions, Accept me without change, Desire me without in-habitations, For a love so free will never fly away."

"Do you know why I said it?" Tessa asked, pressing her body closer to Will, the waltz slowing down. Will shook his head,

"Our love will be there, always, it will be in the back of our hearts and minds. It will torment us to be apart, destroy us if you never met again. I know we'll reunite one day but if you have to go Will, I understand. Always know I love you. More than you can imagine, you'll return to me, and I to you." The music continued but their dance had stand-stilled. Will drew back, on the verge of crying, and turned to leave.

Will got to the door, holding in his tears.

"Will!"

He turned catching Tessa in his arms. Her mouth slammed onto his, he heard her to gasp as his arms circled her waist, pulling her straight into his chest. He poured everything into that kiss, knowing it would be his last for a long time. Years of waiting, wanting, desperation, holding back, and love that wouldn't come for a long time. Will shut his eyes tight, trying to block the tears, but it wasn't enough. Tessa's hands grabbed his face, her tears mixing with his. Tessa's body was pressed against his, as if she could keep him from going, chaining him to her. Will felt the same desperation in him as he had when he had chased half-way through Europe, all to reach the girl in front of him. The girl who completed his world, and would shatter it when she was gone. The kiss screamed a phrase that neither could say, 'I love you.' It tore Will's soul in two to draw back. He was crying,

"Tessa, I love you."

"Will promise me one thing."

"What Tessa? Anything?"

"Promise me that you'll come back to me."

"No matter how long I wander the Earth, Tessa, I will always come back to you. You are my heart, soul, my home. I promise." Will said.

"Go Will, go before I kiss you again and neither of us will be able to go." Tessa whispered. With that, Will left the only person who made him feel alive, he left everything he knew behind and stepped into a world with a broken heart. Tessa was left sobbing as the waltz continued playing a sober, sad melody of the other half of a broken heart.

A/N:

I cried when writing this, it tore my heart in half to write this. If you cry, please tell me by commenting. If you don't cry, you don't have a heart.

-x_x786