.

Dark clouds covered the whole of sky, the ivory heart of the dark sky that was seen each night was nowhere in sight today. Two hearts meant to be each other's for eternity, even after death, in a room of their abode. One broken. One manipulated.

There was a third too. The manipulator. The one who twisted the pure thread of fate in a way it can't probably be saved.

Her body quivering, her heart shattered into million pieces, her hope gone, her nails digging so deep into her own skin that they're drawing blood, A mixture of fear and darkness blurring her vision as she stood in the doorway of her and her love's bedroom, staring at the person who promised to spend his eternity with only her. The person she's connected to from heart to heart with a red string.

Blood from her soft palms drips to the floor but she's unable to feel physical pain. The torturous pain of the red string being split in two was too distracting for her to notice the red blood. She raises her bloodied hand up towards the soul the other end of the string was attached to.

"You promised..." Voice so low it was barely audible. She lost all her strength trying to pick up the pieces of her heart, her legs giving up as she falls to the ground. The tears she held in her eyes coming out like a fountain that drowned her other emotions except sadness and pain. The air around her barely present. She gasped for oxygen, even though it hurt.

"You promised you won't do anything to hurt me! But you broke me! You broke me too..." All her remaining strength used in saying those words as she breaks completely.

The sky roars with a thunder, the lightning brightening the room for a few seconds, before it all goes back to the darkness. The patter of the rain on the window, the only other sound apart from her sobs.