20. STAY HERE WITH ME

Angel placed the tray of food on the wooden dining table in Alpha's vast room.

She walked back to where the Alpha was seated on the recliner and bowed her head to show deference to him. "Your food is ready, Alpha." She informed him.

"Is she still sleeping?" Ryker asked Angel, flipping through the pages of the book in his hand.

She got the clue that he was talking about Isla. Angel slowly lifted her head and said, "She woke up about three hours ago and she said she'd like to visit you. I thought you'd already seen her, Alpha."

"Isla is awake?" A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "I haven't seen her."

"She left the room to visit you," Angel muttered under her breath.

"Is she strong?"

"She's very fit, Alpha. She doesn't look like someone who was sick for three days." Angel retorted, smiling.

Ryker bobbed his head. "Did you give her something to eat?" 

"She didn't wait to eat, she left the room immediately after she woke up and had her bath." Angel was surprised the Alpha was caring about Isla. He never did, hand e didn't have a long conversation with his Omegas either, they already knew what he wanted whenever he called for them and their duty was to serve him immediately. But he was talking to her about Isla.

Ryker said nothing. When there was silence between them, she looked up at the Alpha and told him that she was leaving his room, he permitted her with a slight nod and she walked out of the room with slow gaits.

Ryker dropped the book in his hand and stood to his feet, sauntering to the dining table. He lowered himself on the chair and picked up the wooden cutleries. He was about to dig them into the food but suddenly stopped.  He thought about Isla, he wondered why she didn't come to him if she left her room to see him, he thought about her being famished since she'd been sleeping for days.

Having a sigh, he got out of the chair and dashed out of the room in a hurry, heading towards Isla's room to get her to eat some food. When he got to her room, he knocked on the door but didn't get a response, so he decided to unlock the door.

Ryker opened the door to an empty room. He walked in to search for Isla, but he didn't find her. Just her clothes were on the bed. 

"Did she run away?" He asked and walked out of the room. He got to the hallway, thinking about her and where she could be, he asked a few soldiers about her, but none claimed to see her. Ryker was mad, he yelled at them and scolded them for not watching over the quarters.

He was heading back to his room when he remembered seeing her in the garden before, he veered around, walking towards the garden.

-

-

A small white bird perched on Isla's shoulder where she was seated on the grasses in the garden, she caught it before it flew away.

"I caught you!" She shrieked, gently placing it in between her lap. She touched the beak of the bird and ran her fingers through the feathers. "I am tired, really fed up. I don't want to live like this anymore, do you have an idea of what I can do?" She asked the bird, but it didn't reply to her. Isla smiled, letting go of the bird. "You have no response, right?" She watched as the bird flew up into the sky.

She rose to her feet and looked up to the sky, tears cascading down her face like a river of water. "Moon goddess, you created us all. You made some people perfect while you made some, like me, imperfect. I am tired of being called a slut, I don't want to live this way anymore, please hear my cry and change my destiny." She cried out, her loud voice piercing into the sky. "Please, help me, change this disgusting fate of mine into something pleasant, I don't want to be a slut anymore." She went down on her knees, crying uncontrollably.