Chapter 1: The House Disappears

He asked him not to cry like a baby. Unique events in a person's life wouldn't last long. And if it is something that happens once in a lifetime, it would pass in the twinkle of an eye. But for that moment, it was for the best if it lasted short. Especially for a kid who was seven years old, pain is more unbearable because it is eccentric and over time it gives place to a sadistic joy or something to avoid. For a kid, it was none of those, it was just eccentric.

The kid flew off the bed screaming in pain. "I am not crying; I am not crying!" He was yelling and running in the room like crazy. His mother Valencia hurried into the room with a towel on her right arm and a dishcloth on the other. Her hands were foamy, and blobs were dripping to the floor which abandoned her arms and the yellow dishcloth.

"What is happening?" She was out of breath. She saw David running, then she noticed the hands of his husband, full of blood. Her voice froze before coming out.

"Just pulling a tooth. Come here." Said the husband.

"Pulling a tooth? It's like you pulled all over his teeth! What is that blood?"

She ran to David, tried to put the towel on his mouth, and wiped the blood floating on his chin. But she hardly caught him and when she did, she screamed at what she saw. She started to pull her hair and jumped to her husband.

"What did you do? What did you do?" she was yelling and pulling his shirt and trying to claw. She was still screaming like an animal and Brad made her fall to the ground. He covered her mouth with his hands for a minute.

"Don't scream or I'll kill you."

He grabbed the rope under the window and tied her hands and feet to the chair after he made her sit on it. He took the nippers on the ground and under apprehensive looks of hers, he pulled the first tooth. Tears started to fall out of her eyes, but she tried not to scream for David. But he didn't seem like himself. This is only a bad dream; she was saying. She begged her husband from time to time, she cried and tried to hit him with her head. Every time she tried to scream, he scratched her knees with the knife.

"Pull out dad," David said with a plaintive voice. "Pull out till there is nothing poisonous left." And his dad continued.

"Don't cry like a baby Sheryl." He said, after pulling the last one.

"Who is Sheryl?" Her mouth was full of blood.

Brad solved her hands and her feet after pulling her last tooth.

"Get out of the room." He said, turning to David.

David left the room and closed the door behind them. Valencia heard the key sound rotating in the hole.

David moved away from there till their voices weren't heard, to the upstairs. He was proud of himself for he didn't cry. A couple of tears just dropped to the floor, that much was normal; a real man he was. He looked at the clock in the hall, it was three o'clock at night. His sister and brothers were sleeping, and they would be proud of him too, and say him he was such a man. He went to the bedroom to take shower. Towels wet with blood would be proof of his masculine braveness.

Brad said after finishing his last job, out of breath, looking at her with a vigorous look:

"That was it, my dear. It is like you are a virgin again. We'll pull teeth of Alice too."

He stood up like a child who is very happy to find all his friends in a hide and seek.