Alain The Little Ghost From Beyond

I

 It was the Autumn of 2003.

In the small city of Saint Etienne, in the interior of France, school was starting again. The Head Master of Saint Etienne Lyceum was a bit concerned because many parents were trying to enrol their children in his school but he had no more vacancies. That year the demand was beyond his best expectations. His Lyceum was know all over France because of an extraordinary and wonderful thing - A little ghost was living there!

Yes, that’s right, a little ghost named Alain had been living in the Lyceum for many years.

On a lovely sunny morning, the school bell rang to announce the beginning of the new school year. Happy children were going to their classrooms. Soon, the teacher would arrive to welcome the new students.

Above the normal noise of the children playing together, different sounds could be heard but not recognized or understood. After all, it was the first day of school and everyone was excited.

The teacher arrived and all the students ran into the room. It was very crowded as they all stood there with anticipation. Some were here for the very first time, others had been there since kindergarten. One thing was common to them all: they all were talking about Alain, the smiling little ghost.

Ms. Beatrice entered room 13 where the students ranged from 9 to 11 years old. She welcomed her new students and asked them to introduce themselves, saying their names, the city they came from and to tell the others a little about themselves.

A boy named Konrad who was 11, introduced himself. This was his first time at the Lyceum, his family had just moved from Alsace in the North of France. Other students introduced themselves.

When it was Marjorie’s turn, instead of following the same order, she asked a question about the friendly ghost named Alain. The whole class laughed, even Ms. Beatrice. Everyone wanted to ask the same question.

Ms. Beatrice asked Marjorie to finish introducing herself and when all the other students finished, she would tell us all about Alain- the ghost from beyond.

As soon as the last students finished their introductions, Marjorie was about to open her mouth when Ms. Beatrice put her fingers on her lips, asking for silence and to be patient. 

My dear students! Today we start another school year. Your duties are to attend class, behave properly and to do your homework. My duties are to teach you, to answer your questions and be available to help when you need me.

Many of you either know or have heard about Alain. He is a friendly little ghost and friend to all children. Some of you can see or hear him, others can not. For those who can, you are normal. You just have additional abilities and sensitivities the others don’t. Marjorie interrupted and asked who is he???

Alain was a student of this Lyceum over 70 years ago who had a terrible accident and died. His life was based on love and attention for all the students, teachers, parents and staff of this school. When he departed to the spiritual plain of life, everyone was very sad and couldn’t accept his death. Because of this, his spirit remains here, in spite of not having his physical body anymore. 

He realized that some students and even some workers were able to see him, which made him very happy! Alain first spoke to the children, teachers and workers through a man that worked in the school. The man became the intermediary or a medium between Alain and the others: medium is a person who serves as a go-between or intermediary between the souls of spirits and men.