The beginning of Conrad's new normal

Hi Everyone, this is my first published fanfic of the resident and I would love for you to comment, like and share. Hope you enjoy.

Xoxo your author, emmarooney5

Dr. Conrad Hawkins was half asleep on the couch after a 9 hour shift at the hospital when he heard the cries of his one year old daughter Gigi from her room upstairs. He jerked awake and ran upstairs to her nursery, walked into her room and saw gigi crying hysterically, repeating "Dada" over and over. He picked her up and swaying back and forth with her, "Dada's here. You're ok, Gigi. Dada's here." It was just two weeks ago that Conrad lost his wife and Gigi's mom Nic in a car accident, he had barely slept and he was slowly figuring out how to do this parenting thing alone, with the help of his friends at Chastain Memorial Hospital. After a while, Gigi had calmed down and pointed to the pictures of her grandmas on her dresser. Conrad walked over to the pictures and picked them up, "What? You like them? They're ur grandmas. They're always watching over you, bubble." Conrad kissed Gigi's head, thinking about how much he misses his mom Georgina. After a while, Gigi was back asleep so Conrad decided to put her in her crib and go to his own bed to sleep.

The Next Morning

Conrad wakes up at 7 the next morning to the sound of Gigi giggling; he gets up and goes to her room, picking her up and caressing her in arms, "Good morning, Angel. Are you excited to see Grandpa today?" Gigi babbles excitedly. Conrad smiles and
says, "ok baby girl, let's go get some breakfast." The two go downstairs and eat breakfast before going to Chastain Park memorial hospital to start their day.

At the hospital

Conrad walks into the daycare and sees Marion, she reaches her hands out to grab Gigi from Conrad so he can get to work but Gigi won't leave her dad and starts getting fussy. Conrad bounces up and down trying to calm Gigi. He looks at Marion empathetically "I'm sorry Marion, give me a few minutes and she'll be ok." He walks over to the side, sits down and puts Gigi on his thigh, facing him."ok baby girl, I know you don't wanna leave dada but dada has to go but I promise you that I will come to pick you up soon." Gigi leans into Conrad and he kisses her head. He gets up and gives Gigi over to Marion but his daddy heart is hurting knowing his baby girl is upset that he has to leave her.