T W O

As we stepped into the classroom two dozen sets of eyes turned to face us. I kept mine set on the man standing in front of the classroom. I assumed he was the teacher, Mr. Harris.

He looked back through black rimmed glasses. His expression was laced with annoyance and I was sure that my assumption was correct. Lydia's rambling about the "absolutely dreadful" man stopped as soon as we had passed through the entryway.

I prepared for the worst.

"Lydia," Mr. Harris sent her a condescending smile. "Always a pleasure." As his eyes fell on me a vein in his forehead twitched, "And you brought a friend. How wonderful."

"Actually Mr. Harris, this is..."

Mr. Harris cut her off abruptly, "I don't really care who she is, she can leave my class room."

"But..."

His expression shut her up. She scurried to her seat sending me an apologetic smile over her shoulder.

I didn't move a muscle as Mr. Harris continued to write on the board. A few moments passed. The whole class held their breath, waiting for how I would react to the situation. The only sound was the squeaking of chalk against the slated board.

He finished writing the topic of today's lesson on the board, dropped the chalk, and turned. His mouth opened to start the lecture, but hung in midair as his eyes passed over me once again.

"I thought I told you..."

I held out my schedule, refusing to flinch under his harsh gaze. He stared at me for a moment, his eyes narrowing, then took the paper out of my hands. As he squinted down at the paper, I snook a glance at Lydia. She hid a smile behind her hand.

I took the gesture as a sign she hadn't forgot my complete lack of people skills. And hatred for dicky people.

The redhead leaned over and whispered something to the girl sitting next to her. The brunette immediately shot me a warm smile. I didn't recognize her from before I had left.

I turned back to Mr. Harris who was still staring down at my schedule.

"I was never a cadet," I squinted at the U.S Military Academy plaque on his desk, "but it still took me only a couple of seconds to read the word Chemistry, Sir." I said in the most polite voice I could muster.

The class took a collective gasp, and some broke out into laughs. Mr. Harris turned beet red. I reached over and took my schedule back, then scanned the class room for an open seat.

The only one was by the windows behind a jittery kid, whom I recognized as Stiles Stilinski, and next to his good friend Scott McCall. The two had their heads put together looking at a phone in Stiles' hand. I guess some things never change, the two were still glued at the hip.

They glanced up at me as I neared, each giving me the same warm smile that the brunette had. I looked back at Lydia to see her typing away on her phone.

I frowned, since when was Lydia good friends with Stilinski and McCall. The last I remembered of Stiles was Lydia's complaints about seeing him everywhere. She had no idea that the poor kid had hopelessly fallen for her, because she was too focused falling underneath Jackson. I shuddered at the disgusting image. I still had yet to see the douche.

I avoided their gazes and took my seat. Mr. Harris continued glaring at me before clearing his throat and continuing on with the lesson.

"You know, doing that got you on his bad side." Stiles turned around folding his arms across the back of his chair.