𝟐 「 𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥 𝐈𝐧 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 」 𝟏

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃
𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖

𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐇 𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓, Stefan looked down at Seraphina his facial expression filled with confusion and worry.

"What happened back there," Stefan asked lowly as he rubbed up and down her back, wanting her to be comfortable and soothed. "what did Damon say to you, I've never seen you react like that?"

"Nothing, he-uhm," Seraphina spoke hesitantly as her mind continued to replay her and Damon's conversation, the girl not wanting to hurt Stefan Damon's relationship. "nothing."

Hearing her answer, Stefan let out a light sigh as he knew she was laying, not just from her heartbeat, but because he knew her.

"Come on, I've never seen you act like that," Stefan said in a low voice, encouraging her to speak up about what happened. "you looked lost, I don't want you to feel or look that way."

"He just talked about your ex, Katherine-" She attempted to reply and blow off what happened, but Stefan interrupted her.

"Listen, whatever he said about her is wrong and in the past," He interrupted quickly with a slight sigh, the teen already knowing Damon would try and mess up his relationship with Seraphina. "Katherine was a manipulative horrible person, who put me and Damon against each other."

But what Stefan didn't understand was that his speedy answer was causing more harm than good, it hoisting so many red flags in Seraphina's head as she looked at him slightly shocked.

"That's not why I was like that," Seraphina quickly said as she looked up at him in shock, her words causing Stefan to look confused. "he said something about Caroline, said I didn't know her like I thought I did."

Stefan could only furrow his eyebrows at this, he expected his brother to bring up Katherine, and sow discord between him and Seraphina, not Seraphina and Caroline.

Hearing no words come from Stefan, Seraphina guessed that he was just as confused as she was.

Which he was but in an entirely different way.

"I don't know what he meant, but," Seraphina paused as she took in a deep breath, her arms squeezing Stefan as she pulled him closer. "I don't want your brother with my friend."

"Phina-" Stefan attempted to agree with her, but Seraphina cut him off as she shook her head and cling to him like a koala.

"I know I sound horrible and wrong, but," Seraphina spoke again pausing her words with a shuddered breath, before looking up at Stefan with tears in her eyes. "I don't like the way she is when she's with him."

Seeing the tears in her eyes, Stefan raised his hand to her cheek, softly stroking it as he looked at her filled with guilt and sadness.

He didn't like the fact that she felt this way and there was little to nothing he could do, he brought Damon here, and it was hurting someone he now cared for.

"I-I-I don't think there's anything you can do right now." Stefan stuttered out as he attempted to say something to soothe her, but his words did little to help.

"I know," She sniffled as she looked at him, her eyes still filled with sadness and now anger. "I know and I hate it."

With this Seraphina moved her face making his hand pause in the air, Stefan looked down at her finally realizing how affected she was by this.

He hadn't understood till now how much Caroline meant to Seraphina, he hadn't understood why she was so upset by a few words.

Seraphina truly saw Caroline as family, a sister, she saw all of them like this, but did they feel the same way about her?

"They'll break up soon, Damon has never been able to keep his attention on someone for that long." Stefan told her softly as he moved back to caressing her back instead, not wanting to upset her anymore.

"I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing." She spoke into his ribs, her words coming out muffled but putting a smile on Stefan's face.

"Neither can I," He agreed with her as a worried look came to his face, a look Seraphina couldn't see or she would have grown more worried. "but with Damon, nothing is a good thing."

"That doesn't make me feel any better." Seraphina spoke with a light chuckle as she peaked up at him, causing Stefan to give her a cheeky smile

"It's okay, I can protect you." He spoke before he once again reached over, booping her nose with his index finger.

This caused the girl to giggle as she scrunched her nose before rubbing her face into his rib once more.

"My big strong hero." She teased as she looked back up with him a gaggle of giggles leaving her mouth.

"My adorable little damsel in distress." Stefan spoke agreeing with her as he laid a light kiss on her forehead, but his words caused her to look up at him slightly offended.

"I'll let that Damsel stuff slide," She spoke not liking to be a Damsel, but she knew she needed his comfort this time. "just this once."

Hearing this Stefan only let out a low laugh, the teen loving the fact that she was opposed to the term.

He loved when she was her ever so strong and justified person, he loved when she was soft and showing her emotions as well.

But he loved it best when she wasn't sad, this all being done by his other brother whom he was growing to no longer tolerate.

Seraphina came first at this point, especially against a family member that seemed to despise him.