The Dark Room

I put down the box, which felt heavier than it was. I rushed for the door handle, locked.

"Greaaat." Atle said, turning towards the darkness that lie before us.

"Well, what do we do? Do we like, go up to the next floor, this IS connected correct?" I whispered, taking off my jacket since it was hot in the room.

"This room smells terrible. And no, we had those stairs demolished years ago. Although..." He paused, looking out into the darkness, but in a direction that I remembered. The corner in which that face peered out of nowhere and dissapeared aswell, I had a dark feeling that we wouldn't get out of here before dinner.

"Uh no. Not that way, I saw something there and we aren't going that way, I refuse." I stomped my foot down, making a large dent in the soft wooden floors. I looked down and saw nothing other than the reflective jacket somehow finding light to reflect off of it, wrapped around my waist. I kicked some wooden boards out of the way to make room for my pouting. 

"Well, then where do you wanna go huh? To dinner? A party? Getting a tan in this darkness? Listen this is the only way out and if we don't take it we're doomed alright?"

A strong sense of, "You better listen or else your toast" came through me. Shoving and pushing my emotions like leaves in the wind.

"Ok, just don't try to, you know, leave me?"

"Why would I- You know what nevermind. We need to get going."

Atle grabbed my hand and ran off with the smaller box in the other, "Let's go already."

"Eh?! That's my han-" I cut myself off when I was drowned in darkness. I held my breath as the stench grew over me, "Why does it smel-"

A jaunty tune began playing softly in the background. The warm air brushed across the room onto my skin.

"How do you know where you're going?" I whispered, we suddenly stopped after the question, "Hello?"

I looked into the abyss and I saw what stopped him.  A pale female with long black hair. She had red highlights like Atle did with a very boney structure. She was just staring at us, half exposed and holding a unlit lantern in her left hand. She flicked a rather large flame from her hand somehow, then lit it. When she lit the lantern and exposed her face. She had an improper and messed up face.  It was almost horrifying, her eyes were all over her face, not only 2, but 6. One blinked at a time, and her mouth was nowhere in sight. Atle himself stated at her with bewilderment.

"Hello?" Atle said, I shook his hand off of me and got closer to her.

She jumped back, but looked into my eyes. She was cute in a way, "I'm Boion and that is Atle, we live above you. We want to get out of here, do you know how?"

She turned her head, one of her eyes blinked accordingly.

"She doesn't understand us...." Atle frowned, I guess he didn't know her either.

I stumbled back and hid behind him, the song pierced my ears terribly, the smell getting stronger as I moved around.

She neatly put her hair behind her ear, looking back at us. Her eye color changed depending on which one you look at. The smell was still strong, but it was much to handle. I blacked out, seemingly effortlessly. The last words I heard barely made sense;

"Boion....kilt.....barstool.....live..."

The hell does that even mean...?