October sixth

My brother devon and I were in the car on our way to go to my cousins for her birthday, we were going to have a movie night. ¨how far does Nala live?¨ I asked looking at the time on my phone

¨Ten minutes away Asia.¨ my brother said but something else caught my attention when I looked at my phone for the time. the name ¨MILA<3¨ showed bright and bold on my phone's lock screen. I was tempted to open my messages but I decided to wait until we got to my cousins. 5 minutes later we finally arrived at my aunt's apartment. I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the passenger door and stood outside the car waiting for my brother to do the same, we both shut the car doors and walked to the side door of their building. We opened the door and walked up the stairs to their door. We walked in (since they already knew we were coming). ¨hiii Nala happy birthday¨ I said while hugging her, she looked so pretty. ¨ thank you asia¨ she said. She told us where the snacks were and asked what movie we wanted to watch. ¨ ill be right back I have to use the washroom¨ I said. I walked into the washroom and locked the door. I got my phone out of my back pocket and started reading what Mila had to say.

MILA<3

MILA

YOOOO ASIA I MISSED YOU, BRO, I'm so sorry for how I just left like that I shouldn't have blocked you for no reason. I've wanted to talk to you for so long but I just haven't had the chance. How are you? I hope you're okay, I made a new friend his name is daniel and he's helped me a lot. I hope we can start all over again. We don't have to date or anything I just really missed your company. 

 ASIA 

hey, Mila, it's okay I don't mind, I'm just glad you're okay. I'm glad you've found someone to help you. but I can't talk at the moment, maybe later on? I don't mind being friends again. I've got to go now, byeeee

MILA 

OKAY thank you for giving me another chance, byee

i walked back into the living room, ¨you okay Asia??¨ my aunt asked with worry

¨I'm okay auntie thank you¨ I said, I'm not okay. my ex texted me to be friends. again?? I guess everything happens for a reason. I just hope I really don't regret this. i turn my attention to the tv and tried to forget about it for the rest of the night.

an hour later 

Asia wake up. my brother said shaking me, we're home.  I get out of the car and walk into the building. I waited for devon to open the door. after a few minutes, he finally walked into the lobby and open the door for me. we walked into the elevator and pressed 16. once we reached to the floor we walked down the hallway opened the door with his key and walked into the house.  I walked into my room changed out of my outside clothes and finally laid into my bed snuggling into pinky (my stuffed pig).  for some reason in the back of my mind, I really hoped I made the right choice letting Mila back into my life.

Third person POV 

Asia didn't know how much this would fuck her life up, but I guess everything always happens for a reason 

BULLSHIT.