Chapter Sixteen

Tw: Blood, death

Percy

There was an uproar. It took several purple firecrackers exploding from the end of Dumbledore's wand to bring silence.

"Prefects!" he rumbled, "lead your houses back to the dormitories immediately!"

In less than a second, panic started to explode again, everyone was hurrying down the doors to their houses. Percy was about to follow them, but then remembered he didn't have a house. He looked to his right where the professors were gathering around. Filch's face reeked of terror and the professors looked just as panicked as the other kids. Soon enough Percy blended with the crowd, secretly following the professors on the hallway. He passed different types of groups going in different directions. As soon as the students were gone, Filch and the professors edged near while Percy hid behind a wall. Percy's eyes were fixed on the body, in a moment he realized who it was and leapt backwards. On the floor was Chloe's body along with a huge puddle of blood. From the looks of it, it seemed like her neck was snapped, on her chest there were four large cuts, claw marks Percy thought.

For a few seconds, none of them moved.

"We have to call the magical law enforcement, in the meantime I will notify the parents." McGonagall said.

—----Time Skip—-

October was soon coming to an end and the school promised to enforce even more laws so that everyone would be safe, however they still didn't know what killed Simon or Chloe. As for the public, the death of Chloe didn't seem to disturb them a lot. She didnt come from a well known family like Simon did, her father was a muggle and her mother was what they called a low life witch. After a few weeks Chloe's boyfriend Adrian, changed schools and went to Spain. The ministry searched and questioned the entire school, but came up with no leads and soon enough labeled both cases cold. A lot of theories were made, the papers said that what killed Chloe and Simon was just a rabid creature who entered the castle, others said the castle was haunted or satanic rituals were going on.

When Blaze told him that last part he couldn't help but laugh. Satan really? But Blaze's face was serious and worried.

Percy was just as confused as everyone else, but he didn't pay that much mind to it. He was used to people dying around him. What he was really confused and probably bothered about was how Draco Malfoy was still talking about the Halloween party.

"Everything's ready now we just need to get some booze and that's it" he boasted, "Blaze did you check the soundproof walls?"

Blaze nodded, "I did and I also reminded everyone its invite only. Percy you're coming right?" he asked. Percy really had no intention of going, he hated parties and these days, he hated any type of social gathering.

"I don't know" he said as he walked off to Defence Against the Dark Arts. Lately he was showing up to class more often, not because Dumbledore told him but because he really had nothing better to do.

He took a seat in the far left, like he always did. He was the last one to enter the class but everyone knew that was his seat and no one dared to sit next to him, although Percy really didn't care if they did. The professor was nowhere to be seen but everyone stayed quiet and without knowing, Percy started fidgeting with riptide again. The pen form obviously. Suddenly, from the corner of his eye he saw a familiar face on his side.

"Is this seat taken?" Hermione asked.

He shook his head and Hermione sat down, following a break of whispers coming from the other tables. Except Harry's and Ron's, they weren't whispering, they were both giving Percy a death stare, but as soon as Percy returned it they both turned back around.