Untitled Part 1

"Do you remember?" He whispered.

The sound of soft thunder echoed as the rain rolled down the window like tears.

"Remember what?"

"The day we first met?" He smiled a little.

"How can I forget that? Our first date." she giggled. "We spent it in the ER with me drugged on morphine."

The nearby street light shone in through the bedroom window. They were wrapped under a white sheet.

Spending the night finding lost memories.

"And I still haven't forgiven myself for it," he whispered in her ears.

"Darling, it was our first meeting. How would you know that I was allergic to daisies?"

"Still... I should have known."

He played with her delicate fingers; lacing them together and then letting go.

Her eyes never left his.

"I just remember that you saw me with puffy red eyes and a runny nose, and nobody would want to be like this on their first date."

"Hey, I still found you beautiful."

"Even though my eyes were red?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah! You looked sexy." He winked, and she blushed.

Silence.

silence..

Silence...

He stared at the ceiling while his fingers rubbed her bare shoulders.

"What are you thinking?" She asked.

"Our wedding day."

He looked deeply into her eyes. "My angel. My darling angel, dressed in a heavenly lace white gown, walking down the aisle towards me. I still remember the counts of my heartbeats and the trembling of my hands and–"

"And how you blundered your vows." She giggled.

"Well, it was your fault."

"Huh? How come?"

"You looked so beautiful that day with your hair braided with flowers, and your eyes sparkling like diamonds. I was floored! I could barely stand on my feet."

"I know. You weren't subtle," she snickered.

"I cried."

"I know. Me too."

"I still do..."

Silence.

Silence..

Silence...

It engulfed the room with its warmth; the pitter-patter of the rain stopped, the thunder was gone.

Only the silence remained.

"Look, love. The rain has stopped," Her head turned towards the window, but he quickly turned her head towards him.

"Stay with me," he whispered.

"My love. I am always with you."

He shook his head. "Stay with me forever," he begged.

"Do you still remember the vow you made to me right here, in our bedroom?"

"Of course I do. I messed up on the aisle, but alone, I found the words to speak my heart."

"Can you say it again?"

"My darling. My beautiful, beautiful wife. I still think this is all a dream. That smells like roses, and that sparkles like glitter. A dream bathed in white. A dream that could last forever. My dream... You." He choked and took a steadying breath. "I never knew when you became my dream. My everything, How I want this dream to be endless. For time to just stand still while I stare into your brown eyes as I hold your hand and help you unbraid your hair slowly. My love. My beautiful dream. You are mine. Forever Mine."

Tears rolled down his cheeks like the last rain on the window. His heart beat like the previous soft thunder. The street light shone in the bedroom on a person lying alone, finding lost memories.

****

"I am sorry." He spoke as he removed his mask.

"No... please, there has to be something—'

"I'm sorry, we tried everything." He patted his shoulder. "The injury was too severe. She lost a lot of blood."

Screams broke free from his throat, guttural and heartbreaking. He went down on his knees with his bloodied hands still clutching her scarf. He screamed her name repeatedly even when his throat went raw and only silence came out.

****

"You need to let me go,"

"I won't be able to live without you,"

"And I can't be at peace seeing you like this."

"Good! Then take me with you!" His eyes were red-rimmed and puffy.

"Hey. Look at that. I got my revenge' She smiled. "I made your eyes puffy and red just like you did when we first met."

He broke. "You left a permanent mark on me, love."

She held his hand, and he felt a surge of warmth spread within. They lay together on the bed, that had all their memories, their dreams, their vows, and their love. He hugged her pillow; it still smelled like roses freshly bloomed under the bright sun. It smelled like her. Tears trickled down his cheeks and he drifted into a dream. He drifted with his dream, and together they walked among memories of the past, the present, and the future. He woke up again to the sounds of thunder and rain as he lay alone on the bed staring at the ceiling.

****

'You are mine. Forever Mine.'

'I am yours, Forever Yours.'