♥ What Hurts The Most ♡

Key:-

Normal: Narration

Bold: Thoughts

Italics: Lyrics

Bold/Italics: Thoughts/Lyrics (thoughts expressed through lyrics)

~>*<~

"Even if I fall in love again with someone new, it could never be the same way I loved you."

Not for the first time in his still-young life did Gray Fullbuster, Ice Mage of Fairy Tail feel devastated.

He was wearing clothes, for a start: a plain white button-down and black jeans. His socked feet in sneakers, he collapsed onto his wooden front porch with a sigh of dejection. It was midnight, and rain had started pouring.

He had just been to Fiore Hospital, since the Fairy Tail Infirmary did not have the magic to cure her of her illness. At the news he had flung himself away from his very-near-deadline work for Erza and rushed there in those sneakers of his. Hope had risen, for once, in that sunken heart of his... until her condition came to light.

She had been cursed by dark magic, for a month she had been in that little white room, peacefully sleeping. He had watched her; sometimes he would return home, but most nights he would stay in that room with her, falling asleep with her cool hand in his. When the time came that she finally woke, the first person she saw was him. But her words were definitely the most unexpected part of all:

"Gray?"

After talking to the doctors, he had stormed back to his house in a foul mood, staying there and not talking to anyone. They had examined her; saying that the magic was targeted for those who were deeply in love, and the only way to have saved her life was to exchange her life for those emotions. And now, Juvia Lockser had bestowed upon him the title of 'Gray-san."

That was his heart-wrenching story.

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house

That don't bother me

He remembered those days when the bluenette would stalk him back to his house, and fling herself upon him once he exited the front door.

I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out

Of course he could cry every now and then, but how long would it go on?

I'm not afraid to cry even though going on with you gone still upsets me

She wasn't really gone, she was still there in the flesh; but where had the old Juvia gone?

There are days every now and again I pretend I'm okay

Heck, every single time he went to her ward she would smile at him and say hi, and he could feel his heart breaking into pieces.