Chapter 6

Barry: Okay, I'll keep all that in mind. Anyway, I want to hear more about this, Cat Noir and Ladybug. I heard something about them being "Miraculous?" My hometown doesn't have superheroes, so...

Of course Barry knew that wasn't true, since he was a superhero. But he couldn't let the others know that.

Adrien: Well, there's this evil guy named Hawk Moth, and he has these purple butterflies that are called Akumas.

Barry: Mmm-hmm.

Adrien: Akumas go into an object the person filled with negative emotions has, and Hawk Moth will give them powers and turn them into supervillains.
Depending on what emotions his victims feel, and what they desire most.

Markov: He can even akumatize non-humanoid beings, including myself.

Barry looks back to Adrien.

Barry: Okay, go on.

Adrien: There are also these pieces of jewelry, which come with little creatures called Kwamis, and you can use them to transform into a superhero, or a supervillain. It all depends on your intentions.

Adrien: Hawk Moth also has a partner named Mayura. She can create beings called Senti-monsters with feathers called Amoks.

Barry: Amoks?

Adrien: Amoks work similar to Akumas, the only difference is that they take the emotions a person feels and turns them into a physical being. They can look like giant monsters or a normal human being.

Adrien: Both she and Hawk Moth are incredibly powerful. Because somehow, they got their hands on two Miraculous brooches. But, Ladybug and Cat Noir also have their own Miraculous.

Barry: Hold up, why does Hawk Moth want to turn the people of Paris into supervillains?

Marinette chimes in.

Marinette: Because he wants Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculous. You see, Ladybug's Miraculous provides the power of creation, and Cat Noir's ring grants the power of destruction.

Marinette: Whoever wields both of them at the same time will become extremely powerful and can grant one wish of their choice.

Marinette: The only catch is, once the wish is made, the entire universe is destroyed and remade, but no one knows exactly how, except for the person who made the wish.

Alya: Seems like an awful lot to know if you don't have a Miraculous. Doesn't it, Marinette?

Marinette quickly becomes nervous.

Marinette: Uh...

Barry quickly interjects.

Barry: That's, really interesting.
Do people get akumatized often here?

Alya: Yeah, nearly one every hour.

Adrien: Doesn't that mean the city of love is depressed?

Barry: I...guess?

Alya: Good to know. I can't start up on your habits.

Adrien: Yeah, uh,... Hey!

Alya and Marinette tear up laughing. Barry laughs along with them.

Barry: Excuse us, ladies. I need to speak with Adrien.

Barry pulls Adrien aside, far enough from the group. He turns towards Adrien.