ᴏɴᴇ

•────────────•°•❀•°•────────────•

Cassie's morning sickness was the worst today it had ever been. She had been vomiting all morning, till her stomach was sore. She pulled herself away from the toilet sitting on the wall. "Your killing me baby, killing me."

The vomiting continued on and off for what felt like hours. What knocked her out of her delirious daze was a loud knocking at the door. Though Cassie didn't know how, she pulled herself up and answer the door. "Oh my God, you look dead!" Hanna grabbed her arm speed walking her to the kitchen. She slowed down passing the bathroom. "Have you eaten?" Cassie groggily shook her head. "What time is it?" Cassie was able to breathe out. Her mouth was dry and her throat was hoarse. "2 pm." Hanna sat her on a bar stool. "There's like no food. Where are your parents?"

"Business trip...with my sister. They really just don't wanna deal with a disappointment like me. they're just embarrassed by me." Hanna slammed the fridge walking over to Cassie. "Why would they be embarrassed?"

"Because Hanna, I'm pregnant."

"Your what?" Hanna replied in the calmest voice Cassie had ever heard. "Yep, and it's Jason's." Hanna dropped her head fiddling with her hands. "Cassie..."

"I know. I know. It was a mistake. But it's too late now." Cassie sighed, it felt good letting it out. To know that someone knew. "How far are you...?" Hanna finally glanced at her stomach. "Three months." Cassie lifted up her sweatshirt to show Hanna the small bump. Hanna gasped as Cassie lowered her shirt, "I'm gonna start showing soon. I have to tell him." Hanna grabbed Cassie's hand. "I support you, in whatever you do." Cassie let out a shaky sigh, "I'm so scared Hanna, so, so, scared. If he doesn't want this baby I'm gonna have to do this all alone." Tears were fully streaming down her face.  Hanna squeezed her hands, "You will never have to do anything alone. Do you hear me? You always have me. And I know once we tell the others they'll support you too...Plus, I'm gonna be the best godmother ever." Cassie laughed as she squeezed Hanna's hand.

"I can't tell anyone else without telling him. If A tells him I'm screwed, Hanna. He'll hate me forever..." Cassie quickly wiped her eyes. "I've cried enough about this. I'm just all emotional and hormonal." Hanna laughed squeezing her hand. "I'm gonna order us pizza and we can laugh about boys together. You don't even know all about Caleb yet."

•────────────•°•❀•°•────────────•

The girls met back up that night, but Cassie declined and met them at the theater instead. "You think Jason's hiding Ian in the house?"

"Why would he? Ian killed his sister, that doesn't make sense."

"Look I didn't say I was positive, I'm just telling you guys Melissa is sneaking out to see Ian on foot."

"Okay, your sister needs one of those dog collars. You know the ones that zap your ass whenever you leave the property." Cassie nodded agreeing with Hanna.

"It's not just that. Her phone rings and she has to leave the room the room to answer it...What's up with that?" Spencer added on

"I still don't think Jason would help him."

"Didn't he call Ian a phony jerk?"

"Guys we don't know anything...Jason could still be innocent; he deserves the benefit of the doubt." Cassie wanted to defend him how the girls wanted to be defended. She wanted to defend her child's father. It was important to her that she protected his soul. Spencer quickly spoke up behind her, "Cassie's right, It's Jason we don't know what to believe. He was wasted the whole summer Ali disappeared. He'd probably take that guy in for a six-pack." Cassie rolled her eyes before muttering, "He has morals."

"I thought Jason told you he was clean and sober now?" Emily asked Spencer.

"Emily, I've had like three conversations with him. I didn't ask for a urine sample."

"Okay gagging now."

"So how are we supposed to keep 24/7 tabs on Melissa when we're not even allowed inside your house?" Spencer turned around and saw a black hoodie. "Guys..." All the girls turned around, but the theater was empty. "What did you see?"

Cassie quickly gulped, "I saw him too. Guys, we need to get out of here." Nobody put much of an argument and they all left their separate ways.

The next morning was better for Cassie. No morning sickness, and today she was officially four months. Soon she would need to tell Jason, her friends would have to wait.

The day went by fairly quickly. Over her class periods, Cassie realized today she wanted to tell him. That she had to tell him, it was making her physically sick, him not knowing. Evertime she saw commercials with pregnant women they always had a man with them. Someone to walk with them through this journey. Cassie was tired of being alone. Her walk home was silent, but her thoughts were loud. With every step, more regret came. But finally, after fifteen minutes she was there. In front of that house. Where she lost her virginity, where she first fell in love, where she got pregnant, and the home where her best friend lived. Ex- Best friend.

Cassie took a deep breath before walking up to the door. She knocked on it four times and waited 45 seconds before it opened. It was Toby. "Hey, Cassie. what are you doing here?"

"Hey, is Jason here?" Cassie nervously fiddled with her hands.Today was scarrier than the day she told her parents. At least they had to stick around. He didn't.

"Yeah, he's inside, one sec." Cassie nodded as Toby turned around before Jason came back. "Good work today, man. You can go home." Toby nodded grabbing his bag before leaving. Cassie was finally able to get a good look at Jason. He was shirtless with grey sweatpants on. "Do you need something?" Jason opened the door wider as she followed behind him inside the house. He took her to the living room; the house was gloomier. It didn't have the same glow and light it used to. They both sat down, and Cassie looked down at her hands. "I'm just going to say it. You know I've always been outright with you. I'm pregnant. It's yours. Four months, yes, I've kept it from you because I was scared. I still am."

Jason was quiet for what felt like days. "Please say something." Jason sighed before he ran his hands through his hair. "I've been in town for months. We could've looked at our options."

Cassie sighed placing a hand on her stomach. "There were no options, as soon as my parents found out they sent me to our beach house in Santa Monica. The plan was I have the baby and give it up for adoption. I didn't want that. I feel alone Jason. I lost my best friend and then I found out I was carrying a baby. I'm sixteen, this isn't supposed to be my life. There were no options. It's having a baby...with or without you."  Cassie wiped her nose with the back of her hand.

"With. I wanna be a part of this babies life and yours. You don't have to do this alone. You won't"

"I'll keep you informed about the baby." Cassie grabbed her purse standing up. She had no other reason to stay. "I still love you, Jason. You know that I do."

Cassie walked to the door as he followed behind her. He looked so defeated, so hurt. Cassie felt bad but ultimately it wasn't her fault. Jason knew how fucked up her family was when he started with her.  "I still love you too Cassie. I'll always love you. And I'll prove it to you."

"I wish the you the best of luck."